PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Fat Qurestion..

Hawk45
04-18-2007, 02:50 PM
I am currently 11%bf but carry most of my fat in my mid-section (22%). Chest and knee/thigh are like 3%. Will diet and exercise be enough to get rid of the belly fat? I stopped drinking (love the beer/wine) and started my cutting diet of of 2400-2600 GOOD cals with low carbs (150 or less gm) high protein (200gm or more) and 100gm of GOOD fats.

I am currently 210lbs at 11%bf so about 185lbs LBM. Trying to get to 8%bf.

I don't take any supplements other than green tea, creatine, protein powder and good vitamin.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Here is my average daily diet:

Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs w/ salsa - 4/5 whites one whole egg
half serving of Quaker instant oates and honey

Snack:
Protein shake : 44g Protein w/ water
Peanut Butter: 2 tablespoons

Lunch:
Big chicken breast (get a big pack and grill/boil all on Sunday night for the week)
Salad w/ tablespoon of olive oil/vinagerette

Snack:
Protein shake again
serving of dried fruit or small apple or veggies of some sort
Almonds

Dinner:
More chicken or Pork tenderloin or ground turkey or steak or fish
Broccoli or mixed veggies of some sort

Desert/Snack: Protein shake (Chocolate w/ 2 tablespoons peanutbutter) or (Vanilla w/ frozen berries)

Before Bed if still hungry and have calories to fill for the day.. I go with some cottage cheese.

Unreal
04-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Diet looks good overall. In order to lose the stomach fat just keep going. It is normally the last to go, but at 11% you should be pretty damn lean. Just keep it up and if the weight isn't dropping then drop some cals.

Mr. D
04-18-2007, 05:25 PM
How strict are you with diet and training? If very, then look into Ultimate Diet 2.0 by Lyle McDonald. Its for the lean people trying to get ultra lean.

Otherwise you could just go with a moderate deficit as you are doing and lift heavy, include HIIT, maybe some post WO SS cardio and some AM fasted SS cardio.

Hawk45
04-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks guys,

I really just started the diet last week but had three cheat meals over the weekend..so really did not start till this week. My workout is very stable. We have a gym at work so I go at lunchtime to keep from going out with everyone and eating bad (Chipotle...yum). I do heavy lifting M-TH-F and Cardio Tues-Wed-Sat with light lifting. I was down to 195 in November then started a fairly healthy bulk.. so I'm sure I can get back down. Didn't know our trainer could do bf% at the gym till March.. so that is now my health indicator.

I'll stick hard to it for the next month and see how things fair.

Thanks again everyone.

Hawk