PDA

View Full Version : My Diet.... comments???

gsteve
04-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi all Im new here and really enjoy all the info here. Im in week 3 of the following diet and would love to hear from the experts here. Im training decently hard ,20-30 mins cardio , 45 mins lifting for 2 body parts. 5 days a week.
I went to see a guy that many ppl at the gym are having success with. This guy calls myself a weight manager. After weighing me , measuring **** Id rather not have and reading my daily eating habits his comments were that i was typical for someone my age etc. That I have messed up my metabolism over the years by dieting and not eating properly. He says Im not taking in enuff calories and due to a slowed metab, losing weight will require modifying eating habits to speed up the metab again.

Here's the way he told me to do things
week 1... basicly eat like a slob
brekki.. full on brekki , eggs , sausage , hash browns.. everything
10 am... 6 rice cakes , protien shake 1000mg of omega 369
lunch... full fast food lunch
3pm rice cake deal and protien shake , 369 omega
dinner 10 oz steak , 2 potatoes veggies
9pm.. fast food snack
bedtime.. bowl of ice cream

..... well that wasnt as easy as it looks , eating that much was ugly but he claims this will kick start the metab

week 2 and many weeks onward
brekki... oatmeal , no sugar , no milk , sweeten with apple sauce
10am... 2 ricecakes , protein shake, 1000 mg omega 369
lunch 7 oz chicken 3 oz pasta
3pm .. same as 10 am
dinner... 7 oz steak , 2 cups veggies [no corn , peas, carrots]
bedtime 3 eggs 1 yolk only
daily multi vits and regular vits

He says this isnt a calorie cutting diet but a clean eating metabolism booster . Once my goal gets closer he introduces more regular foods. Im 5 10 , 235 and want to be 200 at 9 % fat. If possible.

PS..... i forgot to add , day 7 you have a free day where you are to eat pretty heavy to get the metab system going hard again. What is the theory behind ricecakes?
Thank you all.... sj

Built
04-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Macros?

(the rice cakes provide fast glucose - good for post workout)

Ditch the 369 and just take fish oil.

gsteve
04-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Macros....: as in macoroni and cheese:clap: ? I was hoping to hear from you Built. I have read many of your posts and found your rep to be well earned. :hello:
Id really appreciate hearing your opinion of this plan. So far Im not losing much weight. Ppl at the gym say to stick with it. I have lost weight quickly in the past [ like 10-12 lbs] . Of course it came back. Im really trying to make the changes. I know Im probably hoping for too much too soon but any help or opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Mr. D
04-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Macronutrients, macros, are the protein,fat,carb that you consume. She wanted a total of each for the day.

Pre/Post WO, rice cakes are good, however you seem to be eating them as a snack, I would ditch the rice cakes at those times.

Also aside from the Omega 369, where is your fat intake?Add some avocados, natural peanut butter, nuts,etc.

gsteve
04-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Ahhh thank god... My cheating has been the occasional tablespoon of natty PB and a handful of trailmix. I dont feel so bad now. All im eating is whats on the list there...... and the evil cheat now and again. thnx again. sj

Mr. D
04-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Ahhh thank god... My cheating has been the occasional tablespoon of natty PB and a handful of trailmix. I dont feel so bad now. All im eating is whats on the list there...... and the evil cheat now and again. thnx again. sj

Well you should still make sure it fits into your macros for the day. Eating in caloric deficit will cause you to lose weight, so even eating "healthy" or "clean" can cause you to gain weight.

gsteve
04-18-2007, 11:18 PM
How do all feel about this plan being able help bring my metab up.?

Mr. D
04-18-2007, 11:24 PM
increased activity + increased food intake will generally bring your metabolism up.

Built
04-19-2007, 12:27 AM
gsteve - go to www.fitday.com and enter your food.

Come back and post in the macros that show up just beside the pie chart.

Unreal
04-19-2007, 07:53 AM
If you want to lose weight, you simply need less calories then your burn. So without knowing total calories and your maintence, you won't get to far.