PDA

View Full Version : How important is Protein for breakfast on a cut?

xlerate9
04-19-2007, 06:25 AM
I'm getting virtually no protein for breakfast. I admit that breakfast is my most pathetic meal. I usually have a nutri-grain bar and a cup of coffee because I'm always in a hurry. The carbs and the caffeine do help me wake up and get going. My macros for the day always come out where I want them too... but I'm getting my protein from meals 2-6.
Thoughts?

Mik
04-19-2007, 06:33 AM
I'd say it's essential. In your case you have protein with your last meal then nothing again until your 2nd meal? That is a long time to go without protein.

Try slamming down a shake at least.

Cirino83
04-19-2007, 07:32 AM
^^ I agree. I am cutting and my breakfast is 2 scoops of Nitrean with some skim milk. A few hours later a little cereal or some fruit. I try to keep protein high when cutting.

Behemoth
04-19-2007, 07:38 AM
It's arguably the most important time of the day to eat protein. On top of that it's arguably the most important meal of the day. Draw your own conclusions...

xlerate9
04-19-2007, 08:47 AM
It's arguably the most important time of the day to eat protein. On top of that it's arguably the most important meal of the day. Draw your own conclusions...

haha, I think I get it.

It looks like I'll have to wake up 5 min earlier and make a shake and cram down a few hard boiled eggs.

Thanks guys.