PDA

View Full Version : Not bulking, not cutting so what do I eat?

Dman
04-19-2007, 01:42 PM
I am trying to just gain some lean body mass and get rid of a little fat

So what types of food should I eat?

Heres my diet

Breakfast
1.5 cups oatmeal
Berries
Protein shake - 20g
3/4 cup granola

Lunch
Can of tuna (limited because I have to eat it in school)

Snack
Cottage cheese w/ jam
Protein shake
Avacado

Dinner
Rice
Steak
Vegetables
Protein shake

Snack
Bagel with hummus or peanut butter

Vitamins
GNC Megamen Daily
Magnesium
Vitamin C

Thanks in advance for the advice and if you could, tell me what other things I should eat, try not to suggest "more fiber" "more carbs"; instead I would like the actual sources because I do not know about these things really

Jinkies
04-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Bulking is a term for trying to gain muscle.

Cutting is a term for trying to lose fat. Some people get the misunderstanding the bulking is a term for putting on lots of fat for the sake of muscle.

Ditch the megamen daily vitamin its got a 20 percent absorbion rate or something like that so its not very effective. Your diet seems okay for now though, your just looking to lift and not go too crazy so no need to change much.

edit: On second thought you need more protein, a up your protein for breakfast to fuel your muscles after a good nights sleep. 20 isnt enough.

Mr. D
04-19-2007, 05:22 PM
what are your total macros for the day?

gaining muscle and burning fat is pretty tough to do at once. You can eat slightly above maintence cals, and gain muscle and have the appearance that you are burning fat. This is what is known as a slow bulk.

Have you looked at the stickies in this forum?Specifically a link to "what a bodybuilder eats"

If not then that will answer your questions.

To a certain extent its not what you eat, its how much you eat that shapes your body(that is after you get your protein and fat requirements for the day in)

Dman
04-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks guys, I didnt know that what I was looking to do was considered bulking or slow bulking

Other than shakes and tuna, what are good easy sources of protein. Tuna for example is really easy I just eat a can plain and thats 40 g protein

Mr. D
04-19-2007, 08:17 PM
what are your total macros for the day?

gaining muscle and burning fat is pretty tough to do at once. You can eat slightly above maintence cals, and gain muscle and have the appearance that you are burning fat. This is what is known as a slow bulk.

Have you looked at the stickies in this forum?Specifically a link to "what a bodybuilder eats"

If not then that will answer your questions.

To a certain extent its not what you eat, its how much you eat that shapes your body(that is after you get your protein and fat requirements for the day in)

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-19-2007, 09:33 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565This goes well with that link ~> http://whfoods.com/foodstoc.php