PDA

View Full Version : Midnight STARVING!

Jeffreyk
04-20-2007, 06:37 AM
I finish working out about 430pm. I usually lay down about 9ish as I have to be up at 5am for work. Problem: I have ZERO appetite postworkout. I usually have a shake, and force down a salad about an hour later. Then I'm stufed for the night. However, midnight, 2am, 4am rolls around and I am STARVING...it actually wakes me up. Last night for example, I had a casein shake with almonds at 9pm, slep, woke starving, had a muscle milk with some veggies.......slept....woke at 2am, same deal....another shake with some pb.....does this mean I'm not eating enough during the day(Im stuffing myself with 3500 cals).......or what? Does anyone else have this problem? Is this a recipe for fat gain? If I continue to drink shakes, eat bars, veggies, etc when I wake?

SkeetSkeet18
04-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Scarz Once told me "your body doesn't care what time it eats, feed it"

It doesnt matter when you eat, as long as your getting a huge amount of cals (if on a bulk)...of course waking up every night and eating twinkies and chocolate moose moose's wont be very healthy....what your eating sounds fine and you shan't worry

schmitty199
04-20-2007, 07:04 AM
Well in my expierence atleast, shakes may fill you up right away when you drink them but there not the same as food for keeping your full. That post shake "fullness" usually wears off in like 45 minutes. That may be the reason your waking up. Try eating real food instead of shakes at night like a sandwhich er something.

Unreal
04-20-2007, 07:06 AM
I'm cutting and will wake up starving. I normally have a spoonful of natty PB or something to get me to the morning. Just a quick 100-150 cals. I normally sleep like a baby the rest of the night once I have my midnight snack.

Jeffreyk
04-20-2007, 09:39 AM
how about clean bulk? Keep eating?

Unreal
04-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Adjust your calories or timing to take into account. Maybe drop 100 cals from lunch to have them late at night. If your starving on a bulk, then you may not be eating enough.