PDA

View Full Version : Willing to try Ultimate diet 2.0

BFGUITAR
04-20-2007, 10:53 AM
I know this is an extreme diet, but im going to be at home for 2 months with almost nothing to do before I work at camp. Since im going to be a swim instructor, I want to be very lean and have nice cut abs! Im currently at 17-19 % (calipers said 20... It was my first time using it and I dont think its correct after seeing pictures here). Im 5'11 and almost 190. Id like to cut down to 180 or 178 somewhere around there until im happy.

Ive heard that I should be at 15% bf before trying this diet... is that true? Im willing to try it, ive got the motivationt to, all i need is the information. Is there a book I can get? Or is it an online thing?

If I cant do the diet right now, I could cut for a month to possibly get to 15% bf than try the diet. I know all you people here say "bulk till 200" but ive already gained 50 pounds this year, im happy with my progress now its time to cut.

Con
04-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Its is recommended to get to 15% bf.

If you are going to follow a diet produced a very smart person, follow his advise as well. His advise is to do the simplest things until something more complicated is warranted.

BFGUITAR
04-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks you for your reply, you speak wisdom :)

Unreal
04-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Yes it is a book that you buy. It is available on Lyle's site.

ddegroff
04-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Your supposed to be ~12-16% bf before you start. I'm pretty KingWilder or someone did this diet at a much higher BF and still saw great results.

I would buy the book and make sure you know what to do, and when to do it.

Also, make sure your diet is on track and you have no problem tracking your cals very carefully.

BFGUITAR
04-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Should I try it if this is going to be my first cut? Or should I leave it for later?

Mr. D
04-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Leave UD2.0 for when all else fails, thats just my humble opinion. Lyle asserts anyone can get down to 15% bf with a "non-******ed" diet. This diet is for the lean to get uber lean.

If you are set on doing it and can devote it all, then have at it.

Vapour Trails
04-20-2007, 03:39 PM
I did it at higher than recommended than bodyfat levels, worked well. The main reason for waiting till you are 15% or less is just because you don't need to go to those extremes, but if you are willing to, go ahead. It will give you an chance to nail the cycle before you really need it.