PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting and fat control

joelhall
04-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Okay a little strange to a lot of powerlifters, but what is the best way of keeping bodyfat down. I used to do lots of cycling when I was training a few years ago, but the endurance work had a poor affect with my squats which were my favourite lift. A bodybuilding diet doesn't seem on the surface to hit the mark, so what tips has anyone got?

ericg
04-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Eat less if you are gaining fat. It sounds simple and it can be. When you eat chicken and spinach the body doesnt know if you are a powerlifter or a bodybuilder, so food will have the same effect on your body either way.

Chubrock
04-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Why is keeping the bodyfat down something strange to most powerlifters? Back in the day there may not have been as much concern with mobility and health levels, but lately there has been a much more noticable push towards keeping bf at a more controlled level. Take Dave Tate as an example. He has leaned out to a low bodyfat and has greatly increased his mobility since working with Cosgrove.

RedSpikeyThing
04-24-2007, 09:26 AM
If you got fat, you ate too much. Aerobics will help a little, but realistically it burns, what, maybe 300 calories?

ericg
04-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Why is keeping the bodyfat down something strange to most powerlifters? Back in the day there may not have been as much concern with mobility and health levels, but lately there has been a much more noticable push towards keeping bf at a more controlled level. Take Dave Tate as an example. He has leaned out to a low bodyfat and has greatly increased his mobility since working with Cosgrove.

and Berardi.

Lones Green
04-24-2007, 01:39 PM
another powerlifter thats lost weight is atlarge's own mike wolfe. i think he's lost what, like 80 pounds?