PDA

View Full Version : High Octane Shakes???

Jeffreyk
04-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Any of you had experience with high octane shakes (calories) i.e. cytogainer, true mass, etc. Before I go out and get one (I know we dont need em, but I figure If I pop 2-3 a day, it'll help me boost the cals..........esp. pw....just wanted to know flavors and results......would you buy again assuming money isnt an object. YES I DID SEARCH and most are from 2005 or earlier....not too much on results or taste and at 6lbs a pop, I dont wanna flush it....no pun intended!

Lones Green
04-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Any of you had experience with high octane shakes (calories) i.e. cytogainer, true mass, etc. Before I go out and get one (I know we dont need em, but I figure If I pop 2-3 a day, it'll help me boost the cals..........esp. pw....just wanted to know flavors and results......would you buy again assuming money isnt an object. YES I DID SEARCH and most are from 2005 or earlier....not too much on results or taste and at 6lbs a pop, I dont wanna flush it....no pun intended!

weightgainers are a good way to get in extra cals, but won't help if your diet is crap. i've personally never tried a weightgain powder (i think this will change when atlarge's weightgain powder comes out :nod: ) i've always just made my own high calorie shakes. as long as your diet is in check, the only way to find out if they are worth the money is to try.

Nosaj
04-24-2007, 07:14 PM

Cytogainer tastes decent and mixes okay. Stay away from the creative flavors tho, I used the "double malt" chocolate I believe, and it was good. That mixed with ON whey's "double chocolate" was a nice combo. Definitely a good way to add in some carbs/protein/calories in the day, just make sure you don't get too many liquid calories or you'll have trouble eating big whole food meals, trust me I've been there! :)

Jeffreyk
04-25-2007, 06:53 AM
Nah......1-2 shakes a day MAX.....usually prebed and def. pw......lean gains with cyto?

Jeffreyk
04-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Nah......1-2 shakes a day MAX.....usually prebed and def. pw......lean gains with cyto?

I just purchased a tub of choc mint cytogainer and a tub of muscle milk light.......cant wait to try....I'll keep you posted. But everyone is right, this is only 1/2 the equation.

Nosaj
04-25-2007, 10:26 AM
I just purchased a tub of choc mint cytogainer and a tub of muscle milk light.......cant wait to try....I'll keep you posted. But everyone is right, this is only 1/2 the equation.

Good luck, I have a tub of the choc mint and it was just way too sweet for me, tasted like a melted candy post workout. Hope your taste buds are more receptive.

Jeffreyk
04-25-2007, 12:07 PM
If thats the worse of it, I'm sold....I just want LEAN gains....dont want to take a product that is gonna make me fat, watery, etc.....but you know me, I studies and studies them all....this is by FAR the best profile wise....all good complex carbs....almost like real whole food.....I just have a hellava time with food pw.....and oats bloat me.....this should be a nice change....and the MM light I'm looking forward too....for midnight purposes.

Unreal
04-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Lean gains have more to do with overall diet then a mix of protein and sugar in a tub. Malto is considered a complex carb, but it is just 2 simple carbs joined together with a weak bond. It acts almost the same as a simple carb.

Jeffreyk
04-26-2007, 06:24 AM
Lean gains have more to do with overall diet then a mix of protein and sugar in a tub. Malto is considered a complex carb, but it is just 2 simple carbs joined together with a weak bond. It acts almost the same as a simple carb.

ideal!