PDA

View Full Version : Stimulants In Whey?!?!

SkeetSkeet18
04-25-2007, 06:56 AM
I've been having high-blood pressure related issues lately and someone told me the whey protein I take has stimulants in it to energize you for your work-out.
I wanted to know if this was true or not.

I take a basic Wall Mart whey protein shake...The New Six star kind that promises optimum results due to their fast acting proteins yatta yatta...

At any rate could this be causing high blood pressure? My doctors a little concerned seeing as how I work out 3 times a week and my blood pressure was 136/90. I've cut all caffeine out of my diet and drink a **** load of sprite now lol..

Any ideas???

SkeetSkeet18
04-25-2007, 07:06 AM
I was just reading the back and it said it's anabalically charged...That bad??

greekboy80
04-25-2007, 07:16 AM
No, most likely not....

When did you have your blood pressure read? Did you work out that day before? Cardio? Are you on any stimulants, i.e. fat loss products?

bumpusma
04-25-2007, 07:30 AM
that particular one has a bunch of "extra" stuff in it. Opt for the cheaper one next time you go to walmart. It's just plain jane protein. (and cheaper) If you need some of that extra stuff then take it separately so you can determine how much and when you get it.

SkeetSkeet18
04-25-2007, 07:40 AM
I had my blood pressure read yesterday. My last workout was Sunday and I'm not currently on any weight loss products or doing a cardio regiment...

@Bump, yeh that's what i was worried about. That particular type seemed like it has a lot of extra stuff in in and I didn't know if there was something in it i should be concerned about...

greekboy80
04-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Do you have a link or a list of ingrediants?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-25-2007, 12:58 PM
I've cut all caffeine out of my diet and drink a **** load of sprite now lol..You cut out caffeine but are drinking a "**** load" of Sprite? Stop drinking a "**** load of Sprite". I read the ingredients and there aren't any stimulants as far as I can tell. For starters, fix your crappy diet. A **** load of Sprite is not helping your case.

IZWAR
04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
i dont beleive your protein shake would have any stimulants i have seen very few that contain anything like that.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Apparently you haven't seen any MuscleTech products. :)

IZWAR
04-25-2007, 01:02 PM
lol apparently not then. I usually stick with the basic proteins like ON products and what not.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Well good. MuscleTech stuff is ridiculously overpriced...even on sale. ON products are good. :thumbup:

SkeetSkeet18
04-25-2007, 01:52 PM
My diet is fine brotha man..

Lots of sugars though...I use to eat real healthy to get my cals in but it got so time consuming...

I usually have:

Meal 1:
chicken covered in two tbl spoons of olive oil with 3 cups of milk (900 cals)

meal 2: Sandwich, mayonnaise, mustard, cheese, ham, turkey 3 cups of milk (900 cals)

Some sort of snacks: cheese crisp, cheese sticks, bagels, protein shake, pb and j...usually

meal 3: Some kind of dinner my parents make... it varies every night...last night we had this weird salad pizza type cousine, 3 cups of milk (1200 cals)

drink a **** load of sprite at night when im working....

my diet aint horrible by any means...

SkeetSkeet18
04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
I was wondering if my water intake might have something to do with it..
I rarley ever drink water and depend on it from my milk and sodas lol...

maybe a reason??

Unreal
04-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Yah, and any diet that includes an assload of any sugar loaded soda isn't a good diet. That is an assload of calories.

SkeetSkeet18
04-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Guess I'll start drinking more water and cutting out the sugars...