PDA

View Full Version : Cashews

IZWAR
04-25-2007, 12:57 PM
How are these as a snack, i usually eat a hand full between each meal and late at night when i get those Horrible food cravings. THey have 0 carbs, good protein some sodium and good fats. So i was wondering peoples thoughts on them since i am on a pretty intense cut right now.

getfit
04-25-2007, 12:58 PM
i love em' almonds walnuts as well.

IZWAR
04-25-2007, 12:59 PM
I hear that cashews have a lot of carbs, should i replace them with walnuts or almonds?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
There's nothing wrong with carbs. And nuts/seeds are a source of healthy fats.

IZWAR
04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Well i like eating them late at night and im on a pretty strict cut now, so thats the only issue i was having

getfit
04-25-2007, 01:01 PM
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20nv.html

IZWAR
04-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Nice link thank you.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Well i like eating them late at night and im on a pretty strict cut now, so thats the only issue i was havingCarbs at night won't make you fat, if that's what you're wondering. What does this "strict diet" of yours consist of?

Nice link thank you.Yeah, that's a good site. You can find thousands of things using the search on that site.

IZWAR
04-25-2007, 01:04 PM
I am trying to keep my protein intake at around 250 G a day, while keeping carbs at around 50-100 grams a day. I carb up in the morning and then gradually limit them as the day progresses. Im lifting hard and doing circuits for cardio and overall muscle development. Ive been on the program for 1 month and lost 10 lbs , i feel ive lost a lot of body fat and retained muscle although i just ordered the tool to measure body fat so i dont know exact numbers yet i wish i would have done so earlier. I started at 200 lbs im at 190 now.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-25-2007, 01:06 PM
10 pounds in one month? That could be a combination of water weight, muscle, and fat that you lost. What does your training routine consist of?

Unreal
04-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Total calories is what matters. A handful of cashews or any nut can add up very quickly. Start weighing your portions and food to get an accurate idea of what your eating.

IZWAR
04-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Scarz,

i like improving when im in the gym i dont really follow anything set. But for the most part i do
back / biceps
Chest / tris
shoulders / traps
Legs

i lift about 4 times a week pretty intensley i would say. I do sprint work about 3 X a week and once a week im doing the circuit they did in teh 300 movie, i did only half of it on monday and my whole body is so soar and i puked. Its intense. I am just aiming for the shredded look over all. After these 10 lbs how much more weight or body fat do i have to lose or how many more months will it take me to get that shredded 6 pack look out. Also i work abs with weights pretty hard every other day.

time2grown06
04-25-2007, 01:56 PM
roasted Pistacio nuts from California are pretty dang tasty

Chubrock
04-25-2007, 03:43 PM
roasted Pistacio nuts from California are pretty dang tasty

I thought happy cows came from California.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Scarz,

i like improving when im in the gym i dont really follow anything set. But for the most part i do
back / biceps
Chest / tris
shoulders / traps
Legs

i lift about 4 times a week pretty intensley i would say. I do sprint work about 3 X a week and once a week im doing the circuit they did in teh 300 movie, i did only half of it on monday and my whole body is so soar and i puked. Its intense. I am just aiming for the shredded look over all. After these 10 lbs how much more weight or body fat do i have to lose or how many more months will it take me to get that shredded 6 pack look out. Also i work abs with weights pretty hard every other day.You should probably start using something more concrete. What does your entire routine look like? Days you go, the exercises for each day, and the sets/reps for each. What are your goals? More info would be helpful. :)