PDA

View Full Version : Getting an F6 Bench Shirt

LiftingKid
04-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Well, I finally decided to invest in a bench shirt and went with the F6. The plan is to start working lockout via 3,4, and maybe 5 boards and continuing most of my current bench training (back work,shoulders,etc). I will also bench w/the shirt once every 3-4 weeks. Any ideas in terms of getting the groove down and training for a shirted bench?

smokinHawk
04-26-2007, 03:59 PM
i learned the grove just by loading some weight on it and practicing reps, i havent got it to touch yet though

Sidior
04-26-2007, 04:04 PM
I got mine about 6 weeks ago and managed to get it to touch after 3 weeks and hit a solid rep on the 4th week. Keep your arch tight throughout and get a good spotter for when you dump it over your face.

edit: In regards to training it all depends. The MM guys live in theirs while others don't use it nearly as much.

TommyBoy
04-26-2007, 06:52 PM
I would use it every other week until you get it to touch and learn the groove.

Chris Rodgers
04-26-2007, 08:16 PM
You will get better with practice. Do plenty of work in it, but don't neglect the other movements.

jtteg_x
04-27-2007, 12:43 AM
buy a belt to keep it tight if u havent got one yet.
check out this link: http://www.liftinglarge.com/getting_the_most_o.htm

the first time, you'll get major battle scars. 2nd time using it, you'll get used to it and figure your groove their on. i used my f6 about 6 times now and the only issue i have is keeping it tight. what i did was have a partner pull the shirt down (front + back) right before the lift.

Smooth23
04-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Okay, could someone please please already tell me what a 'bench shirt' is?

deeder
04-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Okay, could someone please please already tell me what a 'bench shirt' is?

www.inzernet.com

Do some reading :rolleyes: