PDA

View Full Version : What should my diet look like

Dman
04-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Hey,

I am 6 0 180 lbs waist size 33, but I do not know my BF%. I am trying to get around a 32 - 31 waist but I want to continue working out and building muscle.

I basically only eat: oatmeal, eggs, peanutbutter, protein shakes, steak, bagels, cereal, hummus, cottage cheese w/ jam, rice, chicken and a few other meats

How many calories, carbs, fats, protein, and anything else I am missing, should I take?

I have 3 major work outs a week and then do abs on the off days

Would my diet plan be considered maintenence or cutting?

Thank you!

04-26-2007, 10:35 PM
what are you asking?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-26-2007, 11:47 PM
To the OP. What you're asking has been outlined a million times before. I'd recommend reading all the stickies on this site and when you're done, if you have any more questions, then ask. What you're asking right now would take quite a bit of explaining that's already been explained. You can do some clicking on the links in my sig and that could help you out a bit. Check out the "Best of" links.

Dman
04-27-2007, 05:19 PM
I am asking what should my diet look like, given my situation: I am 6 0 180 lbs waist size 33 and I want to cut to a waist 32 and build a little more muscle and then define.

There is so much information that its very overwhelming and difficult to filter through. Furthermore, the things I have looked at do not directly address my situation, so I was hoping someone might give me some information on:

How many calories I should take
How much fat I should take
Whats an acceptable amount of saturated fat
How much protein should I take - although based on my calculations 150 seems good
How many carbs should I take
etc...

Basically what should the numbers be for my diet

Thank you!

tough_guy
04-27-2007, 05:23 PM
doesnt matter what you eat. just eat everything in sight man

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-27-2007, 05:44 PM
doesnt matter what you eat. just eat everything in sight manAgain, please stop giving advice.

I am asking what should my diet look like, given my situation: I am 6 0 180 lbs waist size 33 and I want to cut to a waist 32 and build a little more muscle and then define.

There is so much information that its very overwhelming and difficult to filter through. Furthermore, the things I have looked at do not directly address my situation, so I was hoping someone might give me some information on:

How many calories I should take
How much fat I should take
Whats an acceptable amount of saturated fat
How much protein should I take - although based on my calculations 150 seems good
How many carbs should I take
etc...

Basically what should the numbers be for my diet

Thank you!You need to tracking everything you eat. Start tracking on www.fitday.com - Sign up...it's free. Track your average calories for a week on that site and then come back here and post a link to your diet journal to FitDay. Once you find your average, you can begin adjusting from that average based on your goals. You want to cut and add muscle, that is going to be extremely difficult and I wouldn't make that a goal at the moment. It looks to me like you want a smaller waist and to be more fit. But you do NOT have a big waist...at all. You should bulk first and then cut later. Add some muscle mass so when it comes time to cut the fat, at the end of your cut you will look a LOT better than had you just cut now. Anyway...your minimums should be as follows:

1 gram of protein per pound of LBM
.5 grams of fat per pound of LBM
- The bulk of your fat intake should come from healthy fat sources (also known as EFAs [Essential Fatty Acids] or unsaturated fats). Some examples of EFAs are fish oil, natural peanut butter, olive oil, nuts/seeds, chicken, avocados, etc...
The rest of your calories (after you determine your personal caloric needs through tracking and trial and error) can come from whatever you want, be it protein, carbs, or fat to meet your caloric needs. We can't determine the numbers for you. You have to find this out for yourself. So again...sign up at www.fitday.com and start tracking everything you're eating for the next 7 days starting tomorrow and then come back here so we can discuss your diet further. And again...read the links in my sig...start with the "Best of" links. You will learn a lot.

Unreal
04-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Scarz, Fish oil, peanut butter, olive oil, etc contain EFAs but are not EFAs. EFAs are omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that the body cannot make. There are NEFAs such as omega-9s that the body can make out of EFAs. The fat sources you listed are great sources of EFAs, but it is incorrect to call them EFAs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyunsaturated_fatty_acid

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-27-2007, 06:03 PM
I meant to say they are sources of EFAs, since obviously they are not literally EFAs themselves. But thanks for pointing out something so trivial, Captain Obvious.

http://i12.tinypic.com/2hwzqu0.jpg

IZich
04-27-2007, 06:07 PM
man scarz, you're on everyone's case today :p.