5. Terry Hollands, 38,5pts
6. Mark Philipe, 36pts
7. Marshall White, 35,5pts
8. Darren Sadler, 27pts
9. Viad, 15pts
10. Louis Philippe, 13pts
11. Odd Haugen, 11pts
12. Jessan Paulin, 6pts

It's official, that as the top four finishers at the WSMSS Mohegan Sun Grand Prix, Mariusz Pudzianowski, Kevin Nee, Mark Felix and Jason Bergmann will receive invitations to the 2007 MET-Rx World's Strongest Man contest.

WSMSS Tour Director Jesper Albansson said that the Mohegan Sun Grand Prix "was an incredible event where the athletes really kept pushing each other. Kevin was on Mariusz's heels throughout the event and Mark Felix looked incredibly good. Jason Bergman and Marshall White where both putting on a great show, all in the favor of the crowd of 4000 . . . A new record!"

Really spotlighting the young talent, Albansson said, "Jason entered his first big Grand Prix and qualified for WSM . . . That's impressive!" and he added, "We are really happy to see that America is producing so many young and able athletes. It will be interesting to see what will come out of the rest of the tour."

"New Canadian Louis-Philippe Jean look impressive in his first big competition but a few wrong moves spoiled the day for him. Expect to see big things from him in the future," added Albansson.

" This is becoming a classic strongman event unlike no other," Albansson said enthusiastically. "This proves the the Super Series and Mohegan Sun are a perfect match."

The Mohegan Sun Grand Prix also provided a stage for introducing WSMSS merchandise, Albansson told IronMind. "We sold out at Mohegan," Albansson said, but just in case you weren't there or couldn't get the shirt you wanted, Albansson said you can still get one of the limited edition shirts from the newly-opened Super Series store

Chubrock
04-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Just for the record, Kevin Nee beat Pudz in the stones...He has absolutely blown up since MTV did their bit on him.

vdizenzo
04-27-2007, 09:33 AM
I have been to all three events that have been held at the Mohegan Sun now. They are all very well put together. There were a few delays this year, but it was a great show nonetheless. Every year the seats are filling up more and more. Last year only half the arena seats were open for the show. This year the whole arena was open and it was pretty full.

Kevin Nee, boy I have to bite my tongue there. That kid has all the talent in the world, but he really has to get his head together. He and Jesse Marunde are too busy flexing and mugging for the crowd than they are competing. They do not show the focus of world champions in my opnion. They clearly have the ability. I hope one day it all falls into place for them.

Lastly, I think the IFSA athletes blow the WSM competitors away

RhodeHouse
04-27-2007, 12:29 PM
I was also there with Cenzo. The event was awesome. They really did a great job.

I too, have to bite my togue about Kevin Nee and Jesse Marunde. They need to worry about competing and not worry about creating an image. The guys that have or had great images, had great personalities. They didn't need to create an image. Their personalities did it for them. It seems fake and just plain annoying. I've never seen anyone on their deathbed so many times as Kevin Nee. But, he had enough energy after passing out to get on the microphone. Mariuzs did his thing, said what he needed to say to his Polish fans, and won, AGAIN.

And the IFSA athletes are real strongmen.

Bob
04-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Dang Vin and Rhodes you guys are tough.. but wait, aren't you guys chummy like Kevin and Jesse!! lol JK.. don't kill me!!!

Anyway, perhaps the IFSA guys have more "absolute" strength.. but I don't think they have the "athletic" strength that the WSM guys have. Each league has it's pros and cons. Plus when you consider that the Mohegan event was done in about 4 hrs of time, that's impressive!! IFSA usually have 4 hrs between events.. lol. Rest = Strength - I think both of you guys have even said that here on WBB a few times.

As long as no more professional leagues/federations/associations pop up!! That would put a damper on things. WSM vs. IFSA is like AFC vs. NFC, American vs. National.... now we just need a SuperBowl. Perhaps the Arnold will become that, with a combination of events from both federations.

And to bring Strongman (or PL'ing, or OL'ing) to the forefront of the sports world, or even to get it on a 3rd tier of sports, you have to have some personalities!! Misha does the same thing in IFSA. Or perhaps you wanna have Vasyl on the microphone all day!!! uuugghhh!! Ed Coan was the best, but Benni will bring more of an audience to PL'ing. No?

If Jon Paul was still alive... perhaps Strongman would be ahead of Figure Skating!! At least it would be ahead of today's Ice Hockey!! (lol hockey fans.. but the NHL ain't what it used to be..)

Anyway, it's nice to have someone like Stewart on the WBB boards. Perhaps we will get some of the WSM strongmen to also participate and help us with strongman training. I know there are some posts from Sven Karlson a few yrs ago...

BTW.. I bought tickets to the Mohegan and was ready to go this past weekend... lol.. I double booked my calendar as it was my 2 girl birthday weekend in NYC... I was even driving thru Conn. on my home about 10 PM Sunday... I wish I could have been there!! I also hear there was a great after contest get together with all the WSM Strongmen... you could get pics and autographs...

I hope they do organize a WSM in Madison Sq Garden later this yr!! I will be there... no double booking for me!! Dad's turn!!!

RhodeHouse
04-29-2007, 07:00 AM
WSM guys are athletic, I agree 100%. But, it's called "Strongman", not World's Most Athletic Strongman. If you're gonna have the title of World's Strongest Man, you better be strong, not athletic. Personally, I think Strongman, especially the WSM and NAS federations are getting too soft with their events. Now, any jackleg can go to a strongman show and compete. IMO, Strongman should be HEAVY and very tough, like the IFSA shows. Rest or not, I wanna see strong men compete. Not athletes. That's what football is. Big, fat, strong, athletic guys.

2PACMAN2
04-29-2007, 01:01 PM
WSM guys are athletic, I agree 100%. But, it's called "Strongman", not World's Most Athletic Strongman. If you're gonna have the title of World's Strongest Man, you better be strong, not athletic. Personally, I think Strongman, especially the WSM and NAS federations are getting too soft with their events. Now, any jackleg can go to a strongman show and compete. IMO, Strongman should be HEAVY and very tough, like the IFSA shows. Rest or not, I wanna see strong men compete. Not athletes. That's what football is. Big, fat, strong, athletic guys.+
strongman is an athletic sport, these are the ultimate athletes, they pull planes, toss boulders around, flip cars over - this is what strongman is, thats the sport, if you dont like it, dont watch it

i dont know much about the events of this years mhs but last years was absolutely perfect imo, it was an awesome show, heavy frame carry, heavy conans, heavy stones, great power medley to finish >awesome show

i dont really get what your saying, if you look at the winner here, hes pulled 924, squatted near 900, benched 616 (probably all raw) - either your the strongest guy ever, an think this is weak, or your somewhat confused >you most certainly do have to be extremely strong to compete in wsm, you just also have to be a lot of other things, its not powerlifting

RhodeHouse
04-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Before we go talking about Mariusz's lifts, let me see them on video. He is very strong, but let me see that before I believe it. You misunderstood me. I enjoy watching WSM, but that's not the best Strongman IMO. The IFSA athletes are strong and athletic. Their events call for more strength, and if you remember back in the day, Strongman was about being very strong and fairly athletic. Now, I see WSM as a foot race. Trust me, I know it's not PL, and I never said it should be. But, if it's gonna be called strongman, I want to be impressed with the strength of ALL the athletes, not just a few. When I watch IFSA, those guys are all very strong, and it shows.

And I never said I didn't like it, so check your internet attitude. IMO, IFSA is better because it's HEAVY, and that's what strong is. Lifting HEAVY things.

vdizenzo
04-29-2007, 04:34 PM
At the MoSun show nobody lifted the 420 stone. In contrast at the IFSA championships all but 1 out of 10 lifted the 400 (I know there is still a 20lb difference) and many did all of the stones in about 30 seconds. Now I'd say that is athletic. The guys in IFSA are just plain stronger. That being said I love the WSM. I have about 50 shows on my DVR right now. I'm thrilled that Phil won this year. I just like seeing the brute strength just like it was when it started.