PDA

View Full Version : critique this serious bulkind diet!

frankm007
02-24-2002, 01:37 PM
n/m

Mr.Buttcheeks
02-24-2002, 02:38 PM
give us the macro breakdown of your diet.

it seems your not taking in enuf PROTIEN.

1 gram per pound of bodyweight in protien--kinda sucks

1.5 gram per pound of bodyweight-kinda good

1.5+per pound of bodyweight-excellent

Scooby-Doo
02-24-2002, 02:45 PM
It looks like he does have enough protien,

He has 3 chickin breasts and 4 scoops of protien powder and a can of tuna. Lets just say of the heck of it that all of those have 22 grams of protien thats 176 grams right there. Not including the cottege cheese or peanut butter.

Do you really think you need 1200 cal above maintance? Wouldnt that add a little to much fat?

Mr.Buttcheeks
02-24-2002, 02:56 PM
sorry im not good with math i thought the protien count was alot less. 1.5 grams is perfect.

your diet looks pretty good now go train your ass off

David
02-24-2002, 07:42 PM
Frank, make sure you are also do this:

1. Maintain healthy, balanced diet.
2. Consume sufficient protein to allow for maximum muscle growth.
3. Take in enough calories to fuel all-out high intensity workouts and promote muscular body weight gains

Also, Mr. Buttcheeks, it is important to note that the type, amount, and timing of protein intake is particularly important. Be careful to consume complete protein primarily from animal sources (milk, eggs, meat, fish, and poultry) in small-enough quanitities to allow for complete digestion.

Aim for five to six meals a day. You will be able to force more protein into your blood stream, where it can later be used to build new muscle tissue. This approach to eating also prevents fats from building up because of more-efficient digestion and utilization of food.

You should also place emphasis on the type and amount of the carbohydrates you eat. As you all know, carbohydrates give you the energy to train all-out with maximum weights.

For short term energy needs, you should consume simple carbohydrates (fruit and fruit juices), and for long term energy you should consume complex carbohydrates.

I can see that your "serious bulking diet" looks very good.

I don't think its excessive to consume 500 or more carbohydrates each day while bulking.