PDA

View Full Version : Tandem Clean And Jerk!!!!!!!!

vrizzle
04-27-2007, 04:51 PM
This is kind of random, but I think it's cool. Me and my friend decided to tandem clean and jerk and we ended up doing 410. We both are exactly the same height, we have exactly the same arm lengths and our jerk techniques are eerily similar (so we've been told). It was amazing, the thing about it is timing and synchronization. It didn't ever really feel heavy, just awkward a little.

410!!!!!!

vrizzle
04-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Our next goal is to break the olympic record clean and jerk in the heavyweights. Our first was to break our state's high school heavyweight clean and jerk and we did by 5 pounds. I think the olympic heavyweight clean and jerk is like 530 - 550.

Bako Lifter
04-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Lol, you need to get a video tape of that.

Detard
04-27-2007, 05:49 PM
op - good work man. I remember watching a tandem video a while back. I thought it was ****in sweet.

Bob
04-27-2007, 05:54 PM
That's gotta be funny to see vrizzle!!

How did you keep in sync?
Are you guys the same height?

It's like those old-time Tandem DLs.... there is a record for those, do you think there is a record for these? You should check with the Association of Oldetime Barbell and Strongmen... they keep all kinds of these old records..
http://www.wlinfo.com/AOBS.htm

W_Warrior & Tough_guy... I don't think you understand the complexity of this... it's one bar share with 2 individuals, doing a complicated Olympic lift. Think before you comment!!!

vrizzle
04-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks detard and bearwolf. You guys don't have to explain to the ignorant.

It actually looks kind of solid. It is weird seeing two people simultaneously clean and jerk though. I count 1, 2, 3, and on three we start to pull. His cleans a lot more than me so when he pulls the bar its slightly higher. After that I count to three again and on three we dip and jerk. The main reason it works is our similar jerks. Our dip, drive, and recovery were so similar to begin with that it just kind of worked out. We actually do have it on video, but its on two peoples' cell phones. Hopefully someway I can post it even though the quality is horrible.

clawhammer_33
04-27-2007, 07:04 PM
What possible reason is there for doing a tandem C&J?

vrizzle
04-27-2007, 07:15 PM
the definition of ignorance is - the condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed, and you sir are in those conditions. Before you run your mouth, or fingers, you should at least know what you are talking about.

The reason, clawhammer? No reason, we've done it three times before, and my friend was talking about doing it again so we did. The first time we ever did it we did 135 to see what it felt like, the second 225, then we actually maxed out about 6 months ago, today we just decided we hadn't done it in a while so we did.

clawhammer_33
04-27-2007, 07:36 PM
The reason, clawhammer? No reason, we've done it three times before, and my friend was talking about doing it again so we did. The first time we ever did it we did 135 to see what it felt like, the second 225, then we actually maxed out about 6 months ago, today we just decided we hadn't done it in a while so we did.

I don't mean to jinx you, but how would you recover from that if you both weren't in sync?

vrizzle
04-27-2007, 07:52 PM
It's almost happened twice, actually it did happen twice, when we did 365 for the first time, on 350 he couldn't hold the jerk and he flew from under it. All of a sudden this huge amount of weight came rushing down towards my right. I threw it in front of me but I kind of tweaked my back.

Today on 365 I kind of screwed up my technique and pulled it awkwardly and I didn't pull it high enough, he committed to catching it and he kind of got squashed. When we tandem clean the bar, for some reason, stays more out front of us than our normal individual clean so when he did get squashed it was already on the front of his shoulders so he could kind of pop it off.

Today was definitely the scariest moment. I considered stopping cause I didn't know if I could catch that weight or any more, but I didn't want to look dumb, so I full committed on 365 and 410 and didn't really have to much of a problem.

vrizzle
04-27-2007, 07:54 PM
We really haven't given much thought on what to do if we miss it. Which is kind of dangerous I think, because missing it is a VERY scary thought.

Sleepy Guy
04-28-2007, 09:53 AM
What possible reason is there for doing a tandem C&J?

To say you have done it. :lurk:

WestsideWarrior
04-28-2007, 05:44 PM
W_Warrior & Tough_guy... I don't think you understand the complexity of this... it's one bar share with 2 individuals, doing a complicated Olympic lift. Think before you comment!!!

Bearwolf, "Tough_guy" came on here talking more s**t then President Bush. I now know a tandem C -n- J is, and that sounds nuts, but t_g was just runnin his fingers, sorry.

RedSpikeyThing
04-28-2007, 09:31 PM
We really haven't given much thought on what to do if we miss it. Which is kind of dangerous I think, because missing it is a VERY scary thought.

It's be like any other olympic miss - drop the bar and run.

Sleepy Guy
04-29-2007, 10:27 AM

:fart: Run. I don't think you are support to run away from the weights.

Bob
04-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Dude.. in a split second, 2 individuals have to decide to drop it and drop it in the same way... otherwise, some one is getting hurt.. bad!!

Alright Vrizzle!!! We are still waiting for the vid.... I need a good one today!! Work is depressing...

Rand al'Thor
05-08-2007, 04:28 PM
V-rizzle told me about this forum today, and decide to have a look, when i saw this thread I thought I might as well join so I could post
I happen to be the kid that did this tandem C+J with him, it was pretty sweet, nex time we may go like 440 or something...
our coach got kinda mad though..
stop screwin around and all that, o well

vrizzle
05-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Bon Jour Rand Al'thor!

Guido
05-09-2007, 08:17 AM
That's a cool lift. I'd love to see the video of that. Something about all those odd lifts that I find very fascinating. Brings out a real competitive spirit. You guys should try a tandem snatch next. Now THAT would be something to see!

vdizenzo
05-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Good stuff. Let's see some vid!