PDA

View Full Version : Whey protein question

T3hNick
04-28-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm currently trying to cut/lose fat, 16y.o 5'6" 1/2 160 pds, and I was wondering if it is beneficial to drink protein shakes (whey) while cutting. Thank you.

Unreal
04-28-2007, 10:58 AM
If it helps you hit your daily protein goals then sure. I perfer solid food as it is more filling.

T3hNick
04-28-2007, 12:07 PM
ok thanks.

Optimum08
04-28-2007, 02:34 PM
protein shakes aren't like a miracle supplement, its just to help you up your protein intake especially if you can't eat enough from whole foods.

EWI
04-28-2007, 03:39 PM
I read an interesting article recently about Whey protein and some of the problems it causes when trying to lose bodyfat... I wish I could find it again and post it for you but basically it was about using Whey only after a workout because of it's fast acting properties but to use real food protein sources at all other times if you want to get lean... I think it is good advice as too many people are using too much Whey too often and then find they are frustrated in their efforts to drop bodyfat.

ADT
04-28-2007, 07:14 PM
I read an interesting article recently about Whey protein and some of the problems it causes when trying to lose bodyfat... I wish I could find it again and post it for you but basically it was about using Whey only after a workout because of it's fast acting properties but to use real food protein sources at all other times if you want to get lean... I think it is good advice as too many people are using too much Whey too often and then find they are frustrated in their efforts to drop bodyfat.

Could it be this article? VERY Informative!

Mind and Muscle "Q&A with Marc Mcdougal"

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/articles/marc_mcdougal/qanda

Nice find.

Best,
ADT