PDA

View Full Version : KFC chicken

SupRsmall
04-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Do you think KFC chicken is a good thing to eat when bulking?

McIrish
04-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm not quite sure what you're asking - KFC chicken is probably not the healthiest thing in the world to eat EVER, bulking or not. If I remember correctly, it's loaded with trans fats. Why not just make your own chicken at home on the grill or stove? It's easier, healthier, and probably comparably priced. Sam's Club or CostCo FTW.

Bako Lifter
04-28-2007, 08:20 PM
But does it really matter what he eats right now at this stage of his bulk? He's only 135. I think KFC is fine right now since you don't really have to worry about fat gain.

McIrish
04-28-2007, 08:49 PM
But does it really matter what he eats right now at this stage of his bulk? He's only 135. I think KFC is fine right now since you don't really have to worry about fat gain.

I'm thinking more of "healthy choices for a healthy lifestyle" perspective. People around here get caught up in this horrible mindset where they think they can shovel whatever they want into their mouths - it's apparently justified because "I'm on a bulk!" means "I can eat whatever I want and think about the consequences later!" Oh man, I'm so tired of the "a cal is a cal is a cal" business, too!! Mind you, I understand that a lb of body mass is made up of calories, but come on now... cheeseburgers and KFC do not a healthy lifestyle make.

Here's my take-home point - I can see no upside whatsoever to eating trans-fat laden KFC over eating a grilled chicken breast that he makes on his own, for the reasons I outlined in my previous post. You can disagree if you'd like, and I respect that, but don't kid yourself that just because you're lifting up heavy iron, you can gorge yourself on Reece's Pieces and Breyer's ice cream and reap the benefits.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-28-2007, 09:00 PM
KFC is fine...on occasion. Just don't make it an every day habit. Keyword: Moderation. Enjoy KFC sometimes on your bulk. Just make sure to eat a lot of good things as well.

Bako Lifter
04-28-2007, 09:01 PM
No no, I completely agree with your first post (and the one above), but you don't agree that the consequences of "dirty" calories wouldn't be nearly as bad for a 135 lb kid rather than a 205 lb grown man? I have know clue on the science or anything, I just assumed that would make sense.

Edit* quoting McIrish

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Over an extended period of time, it will start to matter, yes. Even when you're skinny, if you're trying to put on weight, the food you eat can have quite an effect on your ever-changing body composition. If someone is ridiculously skinny...they just need to eat more...a LOT more. There are a lot of other factors to consider, but I think it's better to just develop a habit of eating good now and not later. Besides...nutrient-dense calories will always yield better results than junk calories.

mister manager
04-29-2007, 05:46 AM
i dont have a link because well i dont really feel like finding one but if i remember correctly KFC recently decided to stop using oils that contained trans fats.

tdotteg
04-29-2007, 06:22 AM
^^ correct. But it's still junk calories compared to your regular skinless chicken breast. It's like eating 2 skinless breasts ( calorie wise ) but only half the protien.

I'm gonna reiterate what the guys above said. It's fine to eat kfc. just don't do it everyday. I ate KFC almost everyday or everyotherday for lunch ( too lazy to make my own food to bring to work) on my last bulk. My strenght skyrocketed as did my bodyfat. I wasn't happy with the results in the end except for the strength. I probably would have gained more mass and less fat had I eaten clean.