PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for some good drills and excercises

MidlandBDog
04-28-2007, 10:09 PM
my stats are in the signature

im lookin for some lifts/drills/excercises/routines to increase blocking and running power.

im pretty built with muscle but lack height and would like to add weight
im not very should i say fat or chubby like alot of fullbacks
im pretty quick for my height not sure how much more i will grow in height

any kinds of tips (eating, nutrition anything) would be appreciated

MidlandBDog
04-28-2007, 10:17 PM
sry the stats didnt show up

tomv
04-29-2007, 06:12 AM
Pretty broad request there. Search for "Football Drills" or basically anything with the title football in it in either the GPP or perhaps Bodybuilding sections and you'll return a lot of information.
Tip to add weight?
Eat more, Eat clean still but just eat more. E.g. two extra chicken sandwiches a day or something like that easy to start off with. Search "bulking" to learn how to gain weight ;-) or check the sticky in the Diet/Nutrition section.

Hope I helped! Good luck with your goals.

Bob
04-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Strongman activities are great for blocking and tackling - tire flips, log presses, Stone lifts and carries, etc...

Plyo and OL'ing is great for building speed and explosiveness...

And Heavy Lifting - to build up your mass and to get strong around to handle moving big objects... especially Squatting and Deadlifting...

MidlandBDog
04-29-2007, 11:33 AM
thx alot the tire flips makes sense

schmitty199
05-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Well most NFL RB's focus exclusivley on the core. Some like Edgeran James do nothing but core work. Of course in no way saying that's a good idea to only do core work.(he just does core work because he cant gain any more weight or he'll slow down)

Basically what im trying to say is for football, focus on the core. There's thousands of good ab workouts out there so just pick several exercises that work well for you and go with it.

MidlandBDog
05-02-2007, 09:08 PM
i heard plyos like monkey jumps are good for speed
is this right or what do you think can help me get a better 40 time