PDA

View Full Version : GHR and Rev Hyper Replacements?

Bako Lifter
04-28-2007, 11:13 PM
I've been doing a lot of reading on powerlifting and westside, and it seems that reverse hypers and glute ham raises are an important part in the routines. My gym doesn't have machines that allow me to do these.

Does anybody know of any good replacements for these? Or maybe a ghetto way I could do them without a machine?

Thanks,
Bako

Clifford Gillmore
04-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Fake the GHR's on a lat pull down, lock your ankles in place where you normally put your knees. So your kneeling on the seat. Resist as much as you can on the way down, catch yourself with your arms and give yourself a push up if you cant get yourself up.

Band pullthroughs work well for reverse hypers too, as well as cable pull throughs.

Sensei
04-29-2007, 08:23 AM
GHR and reverse hypers are great exercises, but you can work around them. GMs, RDLs, pullthroughs, hyperextensions, 45degree hyperextensions, leg curls w. bands, sled work are all great exercises too.

Bako Lifter
04-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks guys.

I'm doing most of the exercises you mentioned Sensei, and I'll try the ones Risk said too.

TommyBoy
04-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Fake the GHR's on a lat pull down, lock your ankles in place where you normally put your knees. So your kneeling on the seat. Resist as much as you can on the way down, catch yourself with your arms and give yourself a push up if you cant get yourself up.

Band pullthroughs work well for reverse hypers too, as well as cable pull throughs.
You took the words outta my mouth.