PDA

View Full Version : how many carbs max on a cut?

honda2002civic
04-29-2007, 10:33 AM
how many grams of carbs MAXIMUM should i be taking in on a cut?

Built
04-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Whatever your comfort and calories will allow.

ELITENUB
04-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Whatever your comfort and calories will allow.

I can see where the confusion comes from. There are tons of articles out there claiming, no grain carbs in the morning, only high protein and high fat to lose fat deposits quickly, limit your carb intake etc etc.

Can anyone clear this up?

For an average 180lb person. Is 180g of protein on a cut daily REALLY essential to maintain muscle mass? Or is that overkill? When does your body say, whoa that is too much? I've also heard that drinking protein like whey isn't beneficial unless its with a meal because your body has to be prepped to take in the protein and doesnt take too well to gulping down 30g of protein in 30 seconds.

I think I have read some articles by Built that said that she only does low carb because it helps her be hungry less often. So having a high carb diet (good carbs) isn't going to be different from a low carb one as long as the calories and training are in the right place?

Essentially, one who trains heavy, does HIIT and some cardio for heart health and improved VO2 max, yet eats a lot of fruits and veggies and grains ie carbs, should be able to lose fat just as well as anyone else, correct?

Built
04-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Correct.

And the protein isn't per pound, it's per pound LBM. Read the diet link in my sig for a bit more on this.