PDA

View Full Version : Mustard n Bread?

Jeffreyk
04-30-2007, 06:40 AM
In looking at some items, i.e. bread and mustard come to mind.
if there is HFCS listed say in the 3 or 4th ingredient but only
1g of sugar, would this mean it's a product that should be nixed?
Even if the entire serviing is 60 cals or less? I'm not fine picking, just want the most
ideal food….etc.

Also, bread. What is the good bread aside from stone ground, or 100% whole wheat?

I know we don’t want "bleached" or enriched, but what is it's 100% unbleached enriched
whole wheat bread…is this just fake white bread?

Con
04-30-2007, 06:56 AM
1 gram of sugar wont make a difference. HFCS wont make a difference unless you are consuming like a bottle of mustard a day.

Bread...I think 100% whole wheat. There was a thread containing that had something in there are how to choose a bread based on the name, and ingredients.

And finally...Just eat healthy. If the rest of your diet is in check, these two minor things will not make a bit of difference.

Unholy
05-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Jeffrey you would make better gains eating a crave case from white castle every day instead of your current diet.

Jeffreyk
05-01-2007, 07:46 AM
What the hell is wrong with my current diet? It';s clean and solid, no?

Con
05-01-2007, 07:51 AM
if its clean and solid, then stop making threads that deal with minute details.

Jeffreyk
05-01-2007, 07:58 AM
if its clean and solid, then stop making threads that deal with minute details.

I havent had a critique....that's all I ask for.......just so I can fine tune it and have a concrete plan for the next few months....can anyone assist? One final time.......

Unholy
05-01-2007, 08:11 AM
What the hell is wrong with my current diet? It';s clean and solid, no?

You are 6'2" @ 160LBS

Jeffreyk
05-01-2007, 08:28 AM
I know.....thanks....does that mean I can't have a diet critique? I'm also 7-8%, so it's like say you are 5'9 and 290lbs. or 240 or whatever.......no room to talk.....I dont want to be 17%.....that's not a bodybuilder.....

Con
05-01-2007, 08:31 AM
I havent had a critique....that's all I ask for.......just so I can fine tune it and have a concrete plan for the next few months....can anyone assist? One final time.......

you just said your diet was clean and solid. Solid is another word for concrete, no?

what unholy is tryin to get through to you, is at your level, just eating more will produce great results.

Unholy
05-01-2007, 08:44 AM
I know.....thanks....does that mean I can't have a diet critique? I'm also 7-8%, so it's like say you are 5'9 and 290lbs. or 240 or whatever.......no room to talk.....I dont want to be 17%.....that's not a bodybuilder.....

This is not "Bodybuilder" either.

http://www.swansonphotography.com/photos/conflict/bangladesh.jpeg

Alex.V
05-01-2007, 08:50 AM

Congratulations. I'm three inches shorter than you, seventy pounds heavier, and leaner.

And I had a donut for breakfast.

Seriously, you do have to chill out, man. People are giving you a hard time because you're worrying about this. We're just concerned, bro. Trying to help you out. I think most of us (myself included) went through a time when we were obsessed with the details. Coincidentally, that's when I was skinny and had a hell of a time making gains.

Stop micromanaging your body. I guarantee you have no idea EXACTLY what your body does and doesn't need. nor does anyone here.

ADT
05-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Advice:

1) Do a search on this forum and find a better bread. Here I found it for you:
http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=94482&highlight=bread (Read and look at the bread that Beast and I talk about.)

2) This is something I have been doing in the past few weeks. Wash a head of lettuce. Take the larger pieces of lettuce and wrap them around the chicken, lean meat, or fish that you've chosen. Use the lettuce as a low carbohydrate wrap. It makes a nice alternative.

Best,
ADT

Jeffreyk
05-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Congratulations. I'm three inches shorter than you, seventy pounds heavier, and leaner.

Seriously, you do have to chill out, man. People are giving you a hard time because you're worrying about this. We're just concerned, bro. Trying to help you out. I think most of us (myself included) went through a time when we were obsessed with the details. Coincidentally, that's when I was skinny and had a hell of a time making gains.

Stop micromanaging your body. I guarantee you have no idea EXACTLY what your body does and doesn't need. nor does anyone here.

Leaner too? Wow...congrats man...must take some hard ass work...

Unholy
05-01-2007, 12:31 PM

And lots of eating. I think you missed the point of his post.

Alex.V
05-01-2007, 12:58 PM

It takes consistency.

Not nitpicking, not obsessing over details. Just dedication over time.

Jeffreyk
05-01-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't understand why you guys feel the need to belittle me for "nit picking"....NEVER EVER have I been cruel to anyone here, even though I could very easily as most are slightly obese......on that note, I'm leaving. I want to thank you for everything, but it's just not "healthy" for me nor my feelings, to constantly be harrased for want to fine tune......I admit, I am anal, and I apologize, but anal has to be better than not giving a flying fck and becoming another fat ass us citizen.
Well, ladies and gents, my damage is done. After read Mav's post (which was very well written) I have decided to follow suit. No, I am not adopting a child (good luck bro, you'll make a he lava pop!), but I have reached a point in my life where I need to either **** or get off the pot. My life has been a struggle these last couple of years, coping with the loss of 3 of my grandparents, battling anorexia nervosa, and changing careers (well, from a public CPA to a corporate tax banking manager).

I am still seeking therapy, Rx’d meds for anxiety, and learning to battle this horrible disease. I know I've pissed or better yet, flustered many of you, but it's only because us accounts are so anal, that everything needs to be perfect, down to every rep, and every morsel.

I have found a "team" that is going to help me pursue my goal of competing. I have roughly 720 days to accomplish this feat, or I'm going to give up the lifelong dream and just lift and train for the halibut.

This "team" has requested that I keep them anonymous and god forbid, ask for a critique of their plan. I have a top notch trainer and a top notch dietician assisting me, so I will not need the help from anyone else. Therefore, I am going to refrain from posting on this board, or any other for a long time. Sure, I might pursue the boards and if something comes arise, I may toss in my .02ml, but it will be very very rare. PM me f you want my email addy to keep in touch as I have met many good guys (and some real dicks) on this board and would love to keep in touch.

SO, long story short, good-bye and good luck to all. If and when I do hit my goal and find a show I am going to do, I'll be sure to inform everyone and you had better believe, the biggest party you've ever seen will follow, all as a token of my appreciation.

Good Luck bros....may the force............

Alex.V
05-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Nobody wanted your life story.

But, we could have told you this:

battling anorexia nervosa,

You still have all the classic signs. I've been there too. And people recognized this. Congratulations on getting help, and I'm happy you're working with a trainer and dietician. However, if their advice has you doing what you're doing now, I'm highly suspicious as to how "top notch" they are. And no smug rejoinders to this. Unless you have access to any of our qualifications, please don't try to rebut this comment by bandying about their expertise.

And understand that unless you admit these kinds of issues, others will pick up on the signs and be more than a little vocal about the problems they see.

And guess what? This board isn't all about you. You post something asking for advice, there may be a dozen other guys with a similar question trying to find an answer.

So remove yourself from the center of the universe for a second and realize that our posts may be intended just as much for THEM as for YOU.

However, we wish you all the best of luck.

Don't let the door hit you...

Blanche_Soprano
05-01-2007, 10:25 PM
I hope you realize that throught the harshness, everybody here is trying to help you. They recognized a problem and are trying to help.

The fact that you are still being picky about your food means that you aren't completely over your anorexia. One of my closest friends used to be anorexic and we knew she was at a healthy point when we could take her out to eat and she could actually order something without needing to see the nutritional facts. Before then, she could barely eat a meal without measuring everything out twice to make sure she didn't accidentally consume an extra calorie. It doesn't sound like you are at a point in which you can close your eyes to the food label and eat something without thinking, which means you aren't over your problem.

I really hope this new "team" of yours is helping you in a healthy way and not making matters worse (the fact that you are using quotes is a bit bothersome). I do wish that you are continuing to see a doctor to get over the anorexia.

Good luck in all your future matters.

Con
05-02-2007, 07:29 AM
I was reading about anorexia nervosa in my book the other day. I was wondering about something.

Would people unwilling to gain weight be someone that possibly has that condition? Or are only people who want to be excessively thing considered to have that?

Jeffreyk
05-02-2007, 07:46 AM
My case is a tad different....NEVER have I refrained from eating....hell, I eat 6-7 meals a day....but it was always lower carb, lower cals, and I havent strayed from my diet in many many years...i,e. no cheats, fast food, etc in over 7 years......just introducing bread and fruits into my diet.....whole grain pasta is next and then out to dinner.....slow process and I never said I beat it...I'm about 50% of the way there...still want a clean diet and still train a little too much, but I used to do cardio 7x aweek or else I'd freak out...now it's once a week max! That was the biggest steo I've take and can still see my abs.....amazin. I was wasting energy first thing in the am, burning muscle all for nada, just a tad leaner and drier...although it did allow me to eat more...reved up metobolism and put me in a caloric hole.......

greekboy80
05-02-2007, 08:11 AM
^ your doing great man, keep up the good work.

I think everyone was just saying the 1 or 2 grams of HFCS is not going to hurt your goals in the long run...

Keep up the good work, and dont sweat the small stuff(yours is real small stuff)!

Good luck on your goals.

ArchAngel777
05-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Personally, I found the guy extremely anoying and rude. He didn't listen to the advice given by others, he mocked people left and right based on their responses. I won't miss him. With that said, I don't wish him any harm and sincerely hopes he gets some of these issues resolved.

Unreal
05-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Personally, I found the guy extremely anoying and rude. He didn't listen to the advice given by others, he mocked people left and right based on their responses. I won't miss him. With that said, I don't wish him any harm and sincerely hopes he gets some of these issues resolved.

I didn't want to be the first to say it, but :clap: :clap: :clap: :nod: :nod:

Mad Martigan
05-02-2007, 04:53 PM

Yessssss. I write this as I eat my preWO poptart. :strong:

Mad Martigan
05-02-2007, 04:55 PM
I was reading about anorexia nervosa in my book the other day. I was wondering about something.

Would people unwilling to gain weight be someone that possibly has that condition? Or are only people who want to be excessively thing considered to have that?

I believe anorexia has to have a negative impact on your health.