PDA

View Full Version : Bread alternative? Toast....

Jeffreyk
04-30-2007, 04:00 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you are looking for something, comparable to toast in the morning with eggs, but have decided breads contain lineol, and cause the watery bloated look in some athletes....is there an alternative? Wheetabix? Spelt? What can be used, toasted, as the "crunch" aka toast with eggs.....thoughts?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-30-2007, 05:09 PM
What? You think eating a little bread for breakfast is going to make you bloated? Worry about something else.

Stray
04-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Leave some shell in your eggs if you want crunch.

I agree with SoP - you're splitting hairs.

Jinkies
04-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Im sure most pro bodybuilders and athletes have never heard of lineol, I'll ask everyone I know with a 6 pack and they won't either.

Don't sweat it, your body needs the nutrients to grow.

McIrish
04-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Listen, Jeff, I mean this in a constructive way... I've noticed that your posts as of late generally tend towards obsession over the minutiae of your diet. Have you considered speaking to someone about this? In my unprofessional, dime-store psychologist opinion, you might have a borderline eating disorder. We're here to support, but you shouldn't worry so much about the tiny things, bro.

Jeffreyk
05-01-2007, 05:18 AM
Just concerned because the bread my cuz is using to cut with is whole wheat, unbleached, enriched...heard it was evel, but first thing in am and only 2pcs a day, prob. restoring loss glycogen, and not bad at all...

manowar669
05-01-2007, 05:54 AM
Just concerned because the bread my cuz is using to cut with is whole wheat, unbleached, enriched...heard it was evel, but first thing in am and only 2pcs a day, prob. restoring loss glycogen, and not bad at all...

OMG, that was painful to read.

Decker87
05-01-2007, 06:21 AM
You make it sound as if every tiny thing the body does is caused by a certain tiny ingredient. The human body isn't that straightforward. Once you get into such 'tiny' things as what you mentioned, the effects are usually unknown and unresearched.

Jeffreyk
05-01-2007, 08:00 AM
True...but the body is like a fine oiled machine......when you are sub 8%, every morsel DOES count! I hate the watery, bloated look....Sure I know a little fat gain is enevitable....but if there are better aternatives, why not chose them? I.e. 100% organic stone ground vs. unbleached enriched...

Unholy
05-01-2007, 08:13 AM
True...but the body is like a fine oiled machine......when you are sub 8%, every morsel DOES count! I hate the watery, bloated look....Sure I know a little fat gain is enevitable....but if there are better aternatives, why not chose them? I.e. 100% organic stone ground vs. unbleached enriched...

With this attitude you will never make it as a bodybuilder.

Put on 50lbs, then worry about fine tuning and getting back to 8%

Jeffreyk
05-01-2007, 08:27 AM
With this attitude you will never make it as a bodybuilder.

Put on 50lbs, then worry about fine tuning and getting back to 8%

Understandable......I've been there man.....I dont want to do it again.....going from 8% to 12% is ok with me......going to 18-20 like many do, isn't....I'd much rather have some stone cold creamry or junk thats worth it than eating foods suppose to be decent for you, but ****ty ingreditient profile......

Unholy
05-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Not trying to be rude but you are very narrow-minded, you make dozens of threads about diet and you get feedback. You then ignore the good feedback, go back to doing what ever it is you are doing thats keeping you at 160lbs and then making more threads where you get the same advice you did in the first place.