PDA

View Full Version : Could someone take a look at my diet?

Jonezy
04-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey guys/girls, just wondering if I could get some pointers/help on my diet, not sure if I`m doing it right. I am on my first cut, and this is what a typical day is like:

Height:6`1
Weight: 200

7:00 am - 4 eggs, 1 cup milk
9:00am - 4 eggs/Meat sandwhich on bun (Pastrami, ham, roast beef) with cheese
12:00 - 1:00pm - workout
1:00pm - 2 cups cottage cheese, 2 cans of tuna
3:00pm - Crab meat
6:00pm - 4 eggs, 1 cup milk
9:00pm - 3 miles on treadmill, 21.30 minutes.

Plus about 3.2 litres of water everyday.
And my job is 8-5, I`m always standing/walking, but I`m fixing motors so there is no strenuous physical work.

So in total about 2375 calories, 105g fat, 107g carbs, and 248g protein.
I run 3 miles 5 times a week mon-fri, as well as the gym. Please let me know if I should make any changes! Thanks for any help!

kique
04-30-2007, 06:48 PM
um i think u might eating 2 manny eggs mayb substitute with a protein shake, and 2 cans of tuna at once when their about 30 grams of protein, i think u should seperate them into another meal ;)

Built
04-30-2007, 06:51 PM
What is maintenance for you?

And how much fibre do you get from this?

Jonezy
05-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Maintenance is like 2700..as far as fibre goes, I checked the nutrition info for everything and I`m getting maybe like 2g a day, thats IF I have my meat sandwhich..

Mr. D
05-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Maintenance is like 2700..as far as fibre goes, I checked the nutrition info for everything and I`m getting maybe like 2g a day, thats IF I have my meat sandwhich..

only 2g a day???thats hardly anything, you must be backed up. Strive for 25g a day.

Also is your maintenance 2700 cals with all that running you do?

are you running before or after you lift?Whats your lifting routine?

Jonezy
05-01-2007, 06:23 PM
2700 without running. I lift at 12 every day, run at about 8 or 9 pm every night. Routine is: (all excercies usually 4 sets, 6-8 reps, except ab excercises which are 3 sets of 20 reps.

MONDAY: CHEST/ABS
-Flat Bench
-Incline situps
-Dumbbell flies
-Oblique excercise with a cable, not sure what its called.
-Flat dumbbell press
-Crunches
-Chest cable excercise, I grab a cable at my top left and top right and then bring them together at my groin.

TUESDAY: BACK
-Wide grip pulldowns
-Deadlift
-Bent Over dumbbell rows
-Seated pully rows

WEDNESDAY: LEGS
-Regular style squats
-Standing Weighted calf raises
-Leg press (45 degree angle it looks like)
-Weighted calf raises on the leg press
-Then 2 more excercises on a machine, one works the hamstrings, and the other works the front side above the knees (not sure what muscle it is)

THURSDAY: BICEPS/TRICEPS
-Preacher Curls
-Tricep pull downs (cable)
-Incline dumbbell curls
-Dips
-Seated Hammer curls
-Not sure what this one is called, but put single dumbbell behind head and lift up untill arms are near straight.

FRIDAY: SHOULDERS/ABS (same ab workout as monday)
-Shoulder barbell press on the smith
-Abs
-Not sure what its called, but 2 dumbbells, raise them from your side directly in front of you with near straight arm, one at a time.
-abs
-Seated dumbbell shoulder press
-abs
-Shoulder shrugs

SATURDAY/SUNDAY: OFF

So thats that. I don`t take any supplements if that helps. I don`t want to be another one of those guys that go to the gym and don`t take it seriously, so they either quit going after a while, or keep going with no results. Everything I`m doing now from my routine to my diet has been made up by myself, and I am in no way what you would call an experienced lifter, so I am open to any suggestions/changes from people who really know what they are doing. Thanks!

P.S. What foods can I eat to raise my fibre intake?

Mr. D
05-01-2007, 07:25 PM
For a cut, you are probably doing too many exercises, too many isolation exercises, and not enough low volume, heavy weights.

I would look into Baby Got Back routine for a good 4 day split.

For Fibre: GREEN VEGGIES, oatmeal (Watch the carbs on a cut), some fruit, whole grains (again watch the total carbs).

Also with all that running, your cals are going to be too low. You risk losing too much muscle along with fat.