PDA

View Full Version : I need a meal for two, any suggestions?

sharkall2003
05-01-2007, 11:20 AM
This weekend I am making a meal for two, but I don't know what I should make. We want steak (it has to be close to PSMF diet friendly as possible for me), and anything else that would go well with that in regards to my diet. Any suggestions are very welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

Kyolked
05-01-2007, 04:55 PM
If you're trying to get laid, chicken parmisian always works for me.

sharkall2003
05-01-2007, 09:06 PM
No, I'm not. Just looking for a nice meal for two. Price isn't of concern.

cphafner
05-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Salmon always works well.

Lones Green
05-02-2007, 12:32 AM
lets see. steak with a baked potato, brocolli and cheese or green beans? you can't go wrong with steak. :burger:

Kyolked
05-02-2007, 02:19 AM
Salmon is bomb, just remember to defrost it all the way (if its frozen, duh) and that it doesn't take long at all to cook i.e. don't burn the heck outta it. A great recipie i like is
Sword Fish steaks from safeway
1 lemon per steak
a dash of salt action
Squeeze that lemon all over the steak while that ish is frying.
Sprinkle on some baziel for effect.
ENJOY

ianewilson
05-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Buy a flank steak (it is a very lean cut) and marinate it for at least two hours in some soya sauce, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, a little olive oil, and some lemon juice. Before you marinate the steak score it (very shallow cuts in the surface of the steak) in a criss cross pattern because it helps the steak to absorb the marinade. BBQ it until about medium-rare and then slice it thinly on a slight angle. This is a stand-by for me and has never disappointed anyone who has tried it.

For the veggies, chop some red onions, green peppers, red peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini. Toss these with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar and then put them on some skewers. Grill them on the BBQ when you do the steak.

Let me know if you try it.

McIrish
05-03-2007, 09:37 AM
This is as simple as they come - grab a filet mignon or piece of flank steak, wrap the outside in bacon and use a toothpick to secure the bacon to the steak, and grill it until it's medium rare. When I say "outside", I mean the sides - the parts that aren't touching the grill. You can add some grilling spices if you like (I prefer Emeril's Essence, which is actually damn good).

Serve with a baked potato.

:drooling:

Shark
05-03-2007, 10:15 AM
If the meal needs to be PSMF friendly I would suggest shrimp skewers on the BBQ. Some kind of mixed veggies on the side either grilled or stir-fry with olive oil.

bigmoney
05-03-2007, 10:33 AM
salmon or a nice juicy beef tenderloin with vegetables always bids well. Add in a good red wine and you got a delicious meal!