PDA

View Full Version : Need an article opinion

Jinkies
05-01-2007, 01:27 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/randy16.htm

What do yall think about that style of training to increase the big 3, worth trying? seemed unorthodox

Bob
05-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I don't think pre-exhaustion has ever been shown to have great strength improvements with experienced lifters... perhaps newbies.

And, I also don't believe his philosophy on Inclines before Flat BP... I don't believe you can isolate "upper" chest that way...

And I definitely don't like his leg training ideas either... Squats are the king... and there are better hammie exercises then curls...

And why do you care about the Big 3 Jinkies if you are retiring from Powerlifting? I saw your other thread and question your logic.. you have a lot of potential...

Jinkies
05-01-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm looking for another possiblity to pass my plateau before trying to form a new program

KingJustin
05-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Dude just do Westside.

Sensei
05-01-2007, 06:20 PM
I think playing around w. exercise sequencing is fine and you might get some short-term benefit from it, but until you start intelligently planning your training, that's about all you can expect - short term...

Fitzg
05-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Why does this guy want to increase the big 3, I thought yesterday he was lamenting about retiring from powerlifting at the ripe old age of 14 or however old he is. Don't forget your fiber sonny.

Chris686
05-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Um... Does anyone else find that picture of the abdominals totally irrelevant to the article?
I think the writer believes that's a picture of the upper, middle, and lower chest. I'm serious.

WillKuenzel
05-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Don't like it and wouldn't recommend it. There's plenty of other routines.

Built
05-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Pre-exhaust sets - I seem to recall reading something recently that refuted their worth. Something on pubmed I think.

FOUND IT! (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=12741886&query_hl=29&itool=pubmed_MEDLINE)

Chubrock
05-04-2007, 10:32 AM
I know that Science of Practice of Strength Training states that max strength gains occur when the muscles are fresh. This is the reasoning behind why most Oly camps spread their workouts throughout the day. I wouldn't think that pre exhausting the muscles would be a good idea. Am I missing something?

Jinkies
05-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I really wasn't expecting it to be successful but I figured it would be a good post for anyone new to the sport to overlook and clear up any ideas they would get of it later. Seems to be an abundance of useless lifting articles all across www.bodybuilding.com