PDA

View Full Version : How slow does your calorie drop really have to be? (Cut)

ray34iyf
05-01-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm curious guys. If I were to drop my cals from 3300 to 2900 in the span of 5 or 6 days, and then drop it down to 2600 after those 5 days, would that be considered to drastic a dropoff in that span of time? What are we worried about here? Strength loss due to the fact that our bodies can't deal with such a drastic cut in that span of time? Dumb question I know, but that'd be cool if some one could answer it.

ELITENUB
05-01-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm curious guys. If I were to drop my cals from 3300 to 2900 in the span of 5 or 6 days, and then drop it down to 2600 after those 5 days, would that be considered to drastic a dropoff in that span of time? What are we worried about here? Strength loss due to the fact that our bodies can't deal with such a drastic cut in that span of time? Dumb question I know, but that'd be cool if some one could answer it.

If you've been lifting for a long time then YEAH you don't want to drop off to large or you'll lose muscle fast. However, ME for example, I drank all damn winter, ever night and I probably had 3500 calories a day and I ended up at 190 pounds and probably 25% bodyfat. 3 weeks ago I stopped drinking except maybe a couple beers on the weekend, and I dropped down to about 2200 calories. The first week was HELLLLL on my body. Stomach cramps, trouble sleeping, hunger pains etc etc. But I'm fine now. If you make a sudden big change in your diet you'll feel it for a few days.

ray34iyf
05-01-2007, 05:00 PM
All that would constitute my 300 cal drop would be two bananas and switching from 2% glass of milk to fat free(80 cal drop). Is it the fewer cals that affects me or the feeling of being less full?

af92
05-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Probably both. Your body gets used to having all those cals and when you drop em off right away, you might get a negative reaction. Just think of it as rehab for addictions.

From what I've heard (and done myself), a couple hundred cals isn't nothing bad. Just drop it down once the first week or two then go slow from there and see how it is.

-josh

Jinru
05-08-2007, 02:23 AM
Keep the calorie deficit to no more then 2 lb a week, drastic decrease in weight will mean all the hard work you put into bulking and gaining muscle is wasted.