PDA

View Full Version : Squat Briefs worth it?

Optimum08
05-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Just as the title states, are squat briefs worth it? I'm really just looking for something to give me some extra support/weight when im maxing. (i'm referring to the Inzer squat briefs right now, but if someone has something better let me know).

TommyBoy
05-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Yes briefs will give you great support in the hips. Don't even bother with the Inzer briefs. Just get Metal briefs. Worth every penny.

Sensei
05-02-2007, 06:50 PM
I have a pair of Metal briefs and they are great, but they stretch out. I've heard good things about the durability of the Titan Boss briefs.

Anyway, as far as briefs go, are you planning on competing w. them? If not, you could buy a suit and wear it straps down and accomplish the same thing.

Whatever you do, if you buy Inzer briefs, don't buy the "groove briefs" - you might as well just get some rope to tie around your legs to cut off circulation. At least get the "power pants".

1mmort4l
05-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Whatever you do, if you buy Inzer briefs, don't buy the "groove briefs" - you might as well just get some rope to tie around your legs to cut off circulation. At least get the "power pants".

Bwahahahaha! That was good Sensei, very good..

Guido
05-02-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm curious...how much do briefs add to your squat poundage? Also, is it legal to wear them under squat suits in most feds?

Chris Rodgers
05-02-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm curious...how much do briefs add to your squat poundage? Also, is it legal to wear them under squat suits in most feds?

They can add a lot. I squatted 475x5 in my briefs/wraps last week and squatted 315x6 in belt/loose wrap this week. Of course, I'm a gear whore.

You can wear them in the multi-ply feds. APF, IPA, WPO, etc.

Can't wear them in the USAPL/IPF, USPF, etc.

TommyBoy
05-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Whatever you do, if you buy Inzer briefs, don't buy the "groove briefs" - you might as well just get some rope to tie around your legs to cut off circulation.
Oh this is very true. I bought them back in the day, I always called them my "diapers." They are the only piece of gear that made my lifts go down.

jtteg_x
05-03-2007, 12:36 AM
i was looking at the metal line up and the sizing chart goes by how much you weigh... http://www.elitefts.com/size-chart.htm wouldnt that be a little inaccurate?

WillKuenzel
05-03-2007, 09:02 AM
i was looking at the metal line up and the sizing chart goes by how much you weigh... http://www.elitefts.com/size-chart.htm wouldnt that be a little inaccurate?It's generally accurate. I've had better success of getting of getting equipment with that sizing chart than their previous one. You can of course call elite and give them your measurements and they'll recommend a size for you.

As far as briefs go, I love mine. I have the Metal Ace briefs and they rock. Probably a tad too much material for me. Looking back I wish I had just gotten the Pro briefs but I have a Pro squatter and use it quite often with the straps down.

TommyBoy
05-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Yeah I would call Jim or Matt @ Elite, they get the sizing dead on.

Guido
05-03-2007, 04:05 PM
They can add a lot. I squatted 475x5 in my briefs/wraps last week and squatted 315x6 in belt/loose wrap this week. Of course, I'm a gear whore.

You can wear them in the multi-ply feds. APF, IPA, WPO, etc.

Can't wear them in the USAPL/IPF, USPF, etc.Okay, thanks.

I can't believe how much they add. That was the difference in max rep attempts? That's HUGE.

Optimum08
05-03-2007, 04:34 PM
i don't really plan on competing in them, i just want something that will add poundage to my maxes, and it was just an idea. our coach (an idiot) won't even let us wear belts for max attempts.

Fitzg
05-03-2007, 05:11 PM
It's accurate to a point, but right now, I'm wearing a pair of briefs that my buddy gave me. Too big for him and leave bruises on me every Saturday. I'm a 242er, he's a 308, and the briefs are the pro size 52. Measure your arse and thigs and call the boys at elite, they'll sort you out.