PDA

View Full Version : putting everything between bread

Kyolked
05-02-2007, 06:31 PM
I am the epitomy of a poor college kid. I don't party anymore b/c i spend all my money on food. Is it okay to put just about anything between bread to get the extra carbs/protien/cals? I've been making turkey sandwiches with alvadcado cottage cheese, pasta, beans... pretty much anything I can find... this isn't going to give me diabetes will it? I eat approx 6 sandwiches throught the day, as I can't afford real meals.

Mad Martigan
05-02-2007, 07:15 PM
12 slices of bread a day isn't going to give you diabetes.

Kyolked
05-02-2007, 07:16 PM
good to hear.

philou123
05-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Haha I find that pretty funny to hear cuz I'm in college too and I know that by this time of the year money is running pretty damn low, time to start working for the summer and making some money again..

I dunno if you're using protein powder right now but it's definitely a cheap way to get protein in (25g of protein will cost you about $0.50 as opposed to at least $2-3 if it's meat).

Also milk is a cheap way to get a lot of calories..

tomv
05-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Try make sure it's wholemeal bread, not white (or as a like to call it "sugar") bread.

onecrazycowgirl
05-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Naw, that won't give you diabetes, and +1 for real what bread, not wonder bread.

My fave is to crack an egg in a cereal bowl and stick it in the microwave, drop a couple slices of bread in the toaster, and slap a piece of ham and cheese on there. I feel you about being strapped for cash. Class tomorrow, then 4 days of tests, and then I'm FREE.