PDA

View Full Version : one suit for sumo puller and close squats?

jtteg_x
05-03-2007, 12:44 AM
i read around saying someone who pulls sumo and squats wide can use one suit. i pull sumo and squat medium/shoulder stance, would i get any carryover toward my sumo pull if i wore a squat suit made for close stance?
what are some recommendations for a squat suit that fits my approach?

deeder
05-03-2007, 11:57 AM
I don't know very much at all about equipment but I would think that you wouldn't be able to use the same suit for both. Squat suits are cut differently for narrow and wide stances.

WillKuenzel
05-03-2007, 02:25 PM
I agree with deeder. I just don't think you're going to find it. If you have to make a choice, I'd go with a squat suit simply because you really don't get that much out of a deadlift suit.

jtteg_x
05-03-2007, 06:57 PM
that sucks.
how do u guys feel about titan suits? http://www.plgearonline.com/suits.html

my training is based on powerlifting material and ill be using this suit for gym lifts and future meets.

WillKuenzel
05-04-2007, 07:40 AM
I've never used Titan but have heard good things. I prefer Metal but then again, it's the only brand I've ever used.

TommyBoy
05-04-2007, 01:35 PM
i read around saying someone who pulls sumo and squats wide can use one suit. i pull sumo and squat medium/shoulder stance, would i get any carryover toward my sumo pull if i wore a squat suit made for close stance?
what are some recommendations for a squat suit that fits my approach?

I don't know very much at all about equipment but I would think that you wouldn't be able to use the same suit for both. Squat suits are cut differently for narrow and wide stances.
Wide stance squat + sumo deadlift = wide stance squat suit

narrow stance squat = narrow stance suit, sumo deadlift = narrow stance suit put on backwards

how do u guys feel about titan suits?
I am not a fan of Titan.

I prefer Metal but then again, it's the only brand I've ever used.
I've used several different brands, Metal is the best by FAR!