PDA

View Full Version : Cutting causing setbacks in gym!

Hawk45
05-03-2007, 11:51 AM
I've been cutting down to 2500 cals / day. (6'4" 208). I feel good most of the day except in the gym I am get tired easily and missing almost all of my goals on sets/reps... It's like I am getting weaker. Now I understand if I have less fuel and that is the problem.. but is it normal that I am/feel weaker? Should I be getting the same gains as when I was 3000+ cals per day?

Is it better to:

Eat more = more energy = more work able to do

or

Eat below maint = less energy = less work

I know a the best scenero is eat less + work but just fizzling out... getting the cold sweats, dizzy and nausia feeling when I really push.

Your advice is appreciated.
John

ray34iyf
05-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah, don't worry about it. I've cut down on cals for a cut and am feeling the same way. Don't worry to much about it. Just try to drink alot of water, keep your carbs around your workout, take some caffeine pills, and get alot of sleep. Good luck!

tomv
05-03-2007, 04:51 PM
It's natural to get weaker on a cut, it's an unfortunate side effect. However If you're experiencing dizziness, nausea i would suggest being careful. You don't want to hurt yourself in the process of trying to keep it intense.

If you're losing good amounts of weight (approx 1lb per week of fat) then I guess stick with your current diet plan but if you're losing more then that I think it's safe to add some more calories back into the diet as it's probably muscle and such that you're losing otherwise.

As ray suggested, supplements can also help in cuts such as: Creatine, Caffeine and... There's more but I can't remember.

Good luck!