PDA

View Full Version : Bulking But not Fat?

coolcat5191
05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
is it possible to bulk up and get big but still be cut? i cant figure out a diet that lets me gain weight get or get big without me having a large stomach i still wanna keep my 6 pack and abs ...so is there a diet routine that lets me get get bigger and still look apealing without belly fat. thanks.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-03-2007, 02:47 PM
You can't get huge without bringing along some fat for the ride. It's the nature of bulking and cutting. You can recomp or if you're doing a strict diet like the Ultimate Diet 2.0, and you can lose fat while gaining muscle if everything works out perfectly. But UD2 is a diet meant for those with at least 6 months of training or so and a good grasp of diet knowledge.

You need to consider what's more important: Getting huge now and cutting later, or keeping your six pack abs and staying small. The choice is yours. Having an awesome physique takes time. You can do a slow bulk, which will let you gain muscle with minimal fat. Then it won't be so hard to cut the fat later.

coolcat5191
05-03-2007, 03:45 PM
so basically i have to bulk up with some fat then loose it when doing a cut later on huh, I usually eat like tuna, pasta, chicken, fruits and vegies and protein everyday like 4-5 times. would u recomend this for a so bulk? should i eat more? thanks

af92
05-04-2007, 02:07 PM
You may need to adjust your calories to your needs, but also you'll want to track your food intake with fitday (www.fitday.com. I use it and everyone else should use it if you have a bodybuilding goal in mind.

Just remember, like scarz said, you can gain good weight without much fat, but it can take quite a bit of tweeking before you get it down for your body.

I would suggest lots of reading and questions from this forum. There is alot of smart people around here. Also scarz links are quite good for reading as well.

-josh