PDA

View Full Version : offseason killing my legs

homeboy7600
05-03-2007, 02:15 PM
football offseason is killing my legs. My goal is to slim down a little to move from linebacker to safety but still maintain most of my strength. But lifting weights plus all the extra sprinting drills, position drills and work (where i have to stand on my feet for 6 hours) are keeping my legs sore most of the week. I know that a strong lower body is crucial to a football player but can i stop lifting and just focus on the drills just atleast until i drop the weight i want too?

tomv
05-03-2007, 04:58 PM
It's understandable to be sore... Especially with that amount of work. There are some factors you've got to take into consideration however.
Are you allowing enough time to recover? (I.e. adequate amounts of sleep approximately 8 hours a night generally).
Are you eating enough? Proteins and calories in general? (Without these your body is going to have a real hard time repairing with all the strenuous activities)
Finally, thought of trying ETS? Supplement offered by ALN (sponsors of the site) designed to help you with workout stresses and such

homeboy7600
05-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Yes i'm eating enough and yes i'm taking supps but no i don't get enough sleep cuz of school

Blackhawk08
05-03-2007, 07:10 PM
just cut back a little on thew weights and you should be fine, just not to much