PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting Comps

Jaybird88
05-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Heya, fellas. I'm interested in getting into powerlifting, but feel like the first thing I need to do is spend some substantial time at some PL competitions. I would like to know how to go about locating competitions near me or just an overall schedule. I'm a total newb to things of this nature so all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Kyolked
05-05-2007, 01:49 PM
im also new to the sport, but i found this
Power Lifting Watch (http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/)

North
05-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks Kyolked, good site.

cphafner
05-05-2007, 02:48 PM
google.com

Jaybird88
05-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Fantastic Kyolked. Thanks a mill, man.

Kyolked
05-05-2007, 05:20 PM
very very welcome, hope you dig the sport like i do.

Guido
05-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Heya, fellas. I'm interested in getting into powerlifting, but feel like the first thing I need to do is spend some substantial time at some PL competitions. I would like to know how to go about locating competitions near me or just an overall schedule. I'm a total newb to things of this nature so all help is appreciated. Thanks!I don't think you need to spend "substantial" time at comps. Maybe one or two to get an idea. The best thing for you to do is find some local powerlifters and train with them. You'll learn a ton. Once you train with them and learn how to be a powerlifter, then you can enter some meets yourself.

drew
05-06-2007, 03:33 PM
It's a great idea to attend a few comps and see what it's all about. Make sure to ask questions of the lifters and officials so you can get a better understanding of the sport.

Stumprrp
05-06-2007, 05:51 PM
It's a great idea to attend a few comps and see what it's all about. Make sure to ask questions of the lifters and officials so you can get a better understanding of the sport.

Yup, and you will see at the comp that the positive influence from the crowd and other lifters is just amazing.