PDA

View Full Version : how to keep muscles from going flat?

Behemoth
05-05-2007, 05:18 PM
When dieting that is. I know there is a tremendous science behind water and glycogen retention and I've read so much about it and understood so little about it.

Obviously the reduced carbs mean less glycogen to store in them. But is there any tricks to staying full while dieting?

I don't buy into fad supplements and only use whey, fish oil, a multi and ephedrine. But from what I've read about NO-Xplode is that it gives you excessive pumps. Now I'm not sure if this is related to what makes one go flat while dieting, but would supplementing with it keep me fuller?

How I look while dieting is what keeps me going. If I start to feel weak and pathetic I start to want to eat. I want to keep my muscles full as much as possible while cutting. And yes, I refeed.

LouPac
05-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Have frequent carb-ups planned.

Built
05-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Nothing to add. If you're doing refeeds, you'll top up glycogen stores.

Many of us drop carbs a bit while cutting. This necessarily flattens you out, trust me, I know. If you can spend some of your protein and fat calories on carb, you'll do much to bypass this problem.

You'll likely feel hungrier, but that's the way it goes.

Try keeping salt up. Also creatine. Helps shove more water into the muscles. This might help you a bit.

Behemoth
05-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Thanks guys. Thats mostly what I expected to hear but at least now I know.

What about the NO-Xplode? I guess I'll head over to the supp section and read some more on it.

LouPac
05-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Thanks guys. Thats mostly what I expected to hear but at least now I know.

What about the NO-Xplode? I guess I'll head over to the supp section and read some more on it.

Personally I think it's a waste of money, there are other supplements on the market that have NO and a lot more creatine added to make it worth your money. Look up VNS Jacked, it's probably the best creatine/NO product I've ever tried.

Behemoth
05-06-2007, 10:31 AM
I wasn't considering it for it's creatine content.

LouPac
05-09-2007, 06:41 AM
I wasn't considering it for it's creatine content.

Hey man, it's your money. I was just recommending a product that's less expensive and more effective, if you still want to go with No-Xplode go ahead.