PDA

View Full Version : Ok I have lots of fat and had to stay at same squat wieght due to perfecting form...)

future_engineer
05-06-2007, 01:16 PM
So here are my legs with more fat and with less,but in both pics the same amount of muscle(I hope). Please be honest wether you disagree or don't.

Am I ready to go up in squats??? doing 135 pounds 4 reps

image 55 is now

the other two are before

Please be honest guys. Please let me know if the muscle is the same. I will know wether I'm on the right track or not if it is.

Altephor
05-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Are you ready to go up?

Can you lift a heavier weight?

How are we supposed to tell you what you can lift based on a few crappy pictures of your legs.

If you can lift it, THEN LIFT IT.

future_engineer
05-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Well, yes I feel I'm ready to move up,but sometimes I might have trouble driving through my heels. All I wanted to know was wether the muscle was the same in all pics. I didn't say there would be improvement. I will be though, IF the muscle is the same in all pics!

samj
05-06-2007, 02:42 PM
very bad pics i thought image 55 was a stumpy arm lol

future_engineer
05-06-2007, 03:18 PM
here is another now pic

KingWilder
05-06-2007, 05:42 PM
don't base whether you can move up in weight or not on pictures

if you feel your form is good and you're comfortable moving up in weight, then go for it

Bob
05-06-2007, 05:43 PM
I see no logic to your question!!!

You never base your progression in any lift on what you look like.

Is 135 x 4 reps easy for you?
Have you tied 140 x 4 reps? or 145?

What are your goals? How long have you been lifting?

ederon
05-06-2007, 09:34 PM
get someone to take your pictures those angles are just stupid.

future_engineer
05-07-2007, 02:22 PM
I have been lifting about 3 months. I am always paranoid about everything

For example: when I was learning a math formula and trig and understood it. I asked my teacher 10 times wether I understood. She got annoyed by the tenth.

So, I think the real key here is if ten pro squaters say my form is good(which they have) then I think I'm ready

and parellel yes its easy for me.

By the way when I CAN do 225 with good form can I put it in the 225 squat thread. I know the contest is over,but I just wanna join the club. Ditto to the bench one. I know I have to earn my way in and I am determined.

faithless
05-07-2007, 02:27 PM
I have been lifting about 3 months. I am always paranoid about everything

For example: when I was learning a math formula and trig and understood it. I asked my teacher 10 times wether I understood. She got annoyed by the tenth.

So, I think the real key here is if ten pro squaters say my form is good(which they have) then I think I'm ready

and parellel yes its easy for me.

By the way when I CAN do 225 with good form can I put it in the 225 squat thread. I know the contest is over,but I just wanna join the club. Ditto to the bench one. I know I have to earn my way in and I am determined.

I never really had anyone to tell me if my form was good or not. I just think that it is good and up the weight. As long as you're not wobbly in the knees and not bouncing all over the place, you're probably doing fine. If you really want to be sure, put a video of yourself and we'll judge.

McVein
05-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Did you use this same method of perfecting form for all your lifts? or just squat? dont be afraid of it, attack it.

future_engineer
05-08-2007, 10:02 PM
I will attack it! I don't take as much time to perfect everything else because I feel every other exercize is easy to master. To the earlier guy my back is straight my knees don't wobble and I go to parellel. I wear a belt to insure a straight back. My legs do shake a bit if I am lifting heavy. I feel I'm ready to go up because I did it today and it was easy.

I don't give up though. I will master this. I am probably being parnoid like I am in school. Anyway, I will get a recorder once I can get the money for one. Then I will post a video. Please be honest when I get one. The more honesty the sooner I can join the 225 squat club

sharkall2003
05-09-2007, 07:55 AM
If you're head is up, you don't feel yourself leaning forward, and the bar isn't going into your neck you should be fine. Up the weight, otherwise you're wasting your time.

Rock Steady
05-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Dude put your camera on the bathroom counter, step back, and then reach over to take the pic.

That said, if you want to know if you can lift more, nobody knows that but you.

future_engineer
05-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Ok how do you know if your not leaning foward? As long as you drive through the heels your not leaning foward right?

sharkall2003
05-09-2007, 07:49 PM
YOU can usually feel yourself going forward, but I'm not sure how to tell you that.

Detard
05-09-2007, 08:42 PM
dude your way overanalyzing this. I cant remember who said it but someone once said "lift weight, not books" meaning that people do too much thinking when really you should be out there actually LIFTING the weights.

deeder
05-09-2007, 08:45 PM
You're squatting 135lbs with a belt?

RedSpikeyThing
05-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Ok how do you know if your not leaning foward?
You know you are leaning forward when you feel like you are going to face plant in the cage and get stapled to the floor by the bar.

future_engineer
05-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Ok well I did my usual 135 yesterday and it was too easy! I attacked it like you guys said and it went great. I will be moving up now! Sorry to talk this to death!

Yet agian, I had PRO baseball player spot me. Without me asking he said I have perfect form and I go parellel. I got it. End of story!