PDA

View Full Version : Never get fat! Abs shot, if you can call it that..

Wannabelean
05-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Hey everyone, haven't been on here in a long time, kind of been real busy with life! Here is an updated pic of my "abs". Loose skin like crazy, I would post up a comparison, but I forgot my old photobucket account.

Sitting at 222.2 bloated pounds in this pic(this is the day after my cheat day) and I am looking to be at around 215 or so by Saturday once the water weight runs off over the week again.

I am not happy about all of this loose skin, but I am in the best shape of my life and feel better than ever. Down from just about 400lbs a few years ago.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/Wannabelean/May6-3.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/Wannabelean/May6-2.jpg

Here is an old 285lb shot I found from 2 years ago.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/Feleap/Workout/june05285lbs4.jpg The only one I could find. You get the idea though

getfit
05-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Congrats on the weight loss.That is simply amazing!

PoutineEh
05-06-2007, 02:59 PM
+1
nice job!!!

Optimum08
05-06-2007, 03:04 PM
wow. keep it up.

Optimum08
05-06-2007, 03:05 PM
a nice tan would bring the definition out even more.

PhilsterT
05-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Absolutely amazing. It's transformations like that that are truly congratulatory.

jAy_Dub
05-06-2007, 03:17 PM
That is some of the best progress I have ever seen here at WBB. Congrats bro.

Wannabelean
05-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks everyone!

I am setting up an appointment with a plastic surgeon as soon as next week... There is far too much loose skin to tighten up, sagging man boobs to boot, but that was to be expected loosing so much fat. I gave it a year at about the same weight while running, staying in good cardio shape and rubbing all kinds of **** of my skin to "tighten it up" but it just isn't going to happen. I will be extremely happy once I get to look normal without a shirt on and I am happy to say that I did everything I could before going under the knife..

FANCYPANTS
05-06-2007, 03:27 PM
loose skin or not... you look..and im sure you feel 100 times better. Very good work man. I hope you reach all your goals..you deserve it!

Wannabelean
05-06-2007, 03:30 PM
I feel like a million bucks and I am in great shape now, cardio and muscular.. Just all of this loose skin makes it embarassing to show everything at once, and I have worked too hard not to walk around showing some skin... haaaa

Can'tstopnow
05-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Congrats. You have thrown the monkey off your back that millions of Americans are too lazy or intimidated to even attempt. Astounding progress, and inspitational. Keep it up!

Stumprrp
05-06-2007, 05:18 PM
absolutly amazing

Jaybird88
05-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Absolutely fantastic, man. Congrats on all you have accomplished and good luck with your future efforts!

Bob
05-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Great job man... your progress is amazing... and you've kept with it!

GL with continued success...

Unholy
05-06-2007, 06:08 PM
I miss you wannabelean. You never get on aim anymore =/

McIrish
05-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Amen, great work, brother. Keep it up!

Gabrielle
05-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Don't be so down. You look pretty damn good now compared to before. I personally know people that have much worse cases loose skin and are leaner than you.

BFGUITAR
05-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Amazing!

Question, does the loose skin go away on its own or do you need surgery?

Built
05-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Major props to you for your success!

BF - the skin shrinks down a lot, but doesn't completely tighten up if you've been significantly overfat, particularly if you lost the weight later in life and were fat for a long time. It tends to lag behind weight loss, so it's a very good idea to do what the OP did and give it a year before going under the knife.

Best of luck in finally shedding all evidence of your former countenance, wanna - you've earned it.

Wannabelean
05-07-2007, 04:40 AM
Thanks everyone..

Yeah, I have seen some worse cases of loose skin, too.. It's just something I have to do to feel 100% comfortable once I get completely ripped up. Skins dragging around isn't very flattering, ya know what I mean? Ha

Cirino83
05-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Holy ****. That is an amazing accomplishment. Keep at it!

KingJustin
05-07-2007, 08:30 AM
No ****ing way. That has got to be the most amazing transformation I've seen. Congratulations!

RBB
05-07-2007, 08:45 AM
very nice work. echoing everyone else, that's some amazing progress you've made.

Rock Steady
05-07-2007, 08:50 AM
I would definitely call those abs! Great definition actually. Fantastic progress.

Danpiel
05-07-2007, 09:39 AM
wow I am impressed. Did you lose all that weight naturally?

TwiloMike
05-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Excellent work! I remember when you first posted here (I remember the "before" pic). It's wonderful that you stuck with it and look great today. :thumbup: Congratulations!

Davidelmo
05-07-2007, 10:01 AM
They're definately abs and you've got huge veiny forearms too!

Jinkies
05-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Your abs look almost identical to mine, we share the same problem.

I came down from 290 at age 12 to 195 by age 14 and suffered of problems from it. The skin on my lower stomach still hasn't stretched back and i've been working at it for 3 years, sometimes it looks less noticable but if I suck in its clear that its skin and not just a pot belly as when I push it out.

Theres not much that can be done, maybe you can reach a lower bodyfat then I ever have and it will fade, ive yet to hit under 10 percent and see if it remained.

Edit: read you are seeing a surgeon, best of luck to you mate post some post op pictures so we can all see the difference.

Wannabelean
05-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks again everyone.. Yeah, if I suck in or run, or whatever, you can tell that I have some serious extra skin going on.. It's cool though, the important thing is being in great shape and very healthy now.

Losing the fat has been all natural, yes.

donnie165
05-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Isn't there a procedure to remove it surgically (sp)?

Wannabelean
05-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I don't know exactly what they would call it though.. I saw liposuction, abdomnioplasty, and some other stuff.. I will see what the doc says and see how much being a previous fat ass costs me.

I will def. show before and after surgery shots

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Dude...congrats on the amazing progress. You are an inspiration. Keep it up. :thumbup:

TwiloMike
05-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Losing the fat has been all natural, yes.

That rocks. :bow: to your will power.

Shark
05-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I don't know exactly what they would call it though.. I saw liposuction, abdomnioplasty, and some other stuff.. I will see what the doc says and see how much being a previous fat ass costs me.

I will def. show before and after surgery shots

It's done with a tummy tuck.

Built
05-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Lasers can help, too.

sharkall2003
05-08-2007, 09:06 AM
this is by far the best transformation I have ever seen. Absolutely incredible. You must be picking up the lady's now. You a farmer?

bjohnso
05-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Your physique on its own is impressive. That you came down from 400lbs makes it amazing. Keep it up boss!

Wannabelean
05-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, I have saggy skin on my chest too, and it's pretty disgusting..

I had an appointment with a plastic surgeon this afternoon, it's going to be pretty expensive and I will be left with some nasty scars on my boobies... But, I think I will do it as soon as my life slows down..

Am I a farmer? Ha, you gotta love the "farmers" tan.. I do some farming, actually ha ha ha

Jinkies
05-08-2007, 09:32 PM
I've heard when people fast for days at a time the skin becomes alot tighter up to 50 percent or so maybe more.

I would think that if one seran wrapped the skin and worked out with it alot the skin would get tight from the heat and tighten.

McIrish
05-08-2007, 09:36 PM
I've heard when people fast for days at a time the skin becomes alot tighter up to 50 percent or so maybe more.

I would think that if one seran wrapped the skin and worked out with it alot the skin would get tight from the heat and tighten.

I'm no doctor, but here's my take on that second piece of advice, Jinkies - you'll lose water (locally and throughout your entire body from raising your core body temperature perhaps a dangerous amount) and the skin may 'tighten up' in the short run, but you're still stuck with extra skin lying around. He's not carrying around flappy water on his stomach - those are skin cells. At this point, surgery is probably a decent option.

To the OP - again, congrats. If you don't mind my asking, what caused the turnaround? You obviously made some huge changes in your life - was there any single event that made you want to dedicate yourself to changing your appearance? Congrats!

WBBIRL
05-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Your inspirational man, you really are! I just hope once I get down to 220 I don't have that much lose skin. I'd be tickled pink if I had none, but if any I hope its minimal.

DONT GET FAT NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE =/, being fat sucks!

Wannabelean
05-09-2007, 05:49 AM
Jinkies, I really don't think any of that will help.. Maybe in minor cases? I don't know, but mine is pretty severe in certain places.

WBBIRL, by looking at your pics, I don't really think you will have much loose skin, if any.. Yeah, you were pretty damn heavy and everything, but my fat has always been really jelly like, if that makes any sense.

For example, my friend lost 100lbs, but his fat was almost hard like.. So, luckily he has no extra skin and everything tightened back up.

Another example, I see some obese people running or moving briskly on the treadmil and it will look as if their fat isn't even bouncing... When I would run, it was like I had bags of jelly strapped to my body. Skin/fat such as mine and others like me, are the people who mainly have loose skin issues.

Maybe I don't know what the hell I am talking about, if anyone know whether I am right or wrong here, feel free to chime in.

Coke
05-09-2007, 06:20 AM
Should be proud of what you've done Phil!!

fhornhead
05-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Jinkies, I really don't think any of that will help.. Maybe in minor cases? I don't know, but mine is pretty severe in certain places.

WBBIRL, by looking at your pics, I don't really think you will have much loose skin, if any.. Yeah, you were pretty damn heavy and everything, but my fat has always been really jelly like, if that makes any sense.

For example, my friend lost 100lbs, but his fat was almost hard like.. So, luckily he has no extra skin and everything tightened back up.

Another example, I see some obese people running or moving briskly on the treadmil and it will look as if their fat isn't even bouncing... When I would run, it was like I had bags of jelly strapped to my body. Skin/fat such as mine and others like me, are the people who mainly have loose skin issues.

Maybe I don't know what the hell I am talking about, if anyone know whether I am right or wrong here, feel free to chime in.

I know what you mean exactly! I had the jelly fat instead of the hard fat. I often wonder if the hard fat was from people that were once in shape and gained weight quickly and lost it pretty quickly. like in a few years time. I was overweight over half my life and much like you, weighed 400 lbs at my largest. now at 227 ish, I have some abs showing, but the same pocket of loose skin that you show in your pic.

I have been lifting for over 6 months and can tell the skin pocket is looking better, but I attribute that to my upper body getting larger, thus pulling everything "up" naturally. I think the larger I can make my shoulders and pecs, the more it will benefit my stomach and the loose skin.

best of luck to you and please keep us posted of any surgical options that you may choose. I have thought about that for myself but quickly dismiss it thinking that the doctors around here are mostly experienced with boob jobs and not really well versed in cosmetic surgery for men.

HILL
05-11-2007, 08:47 AM
unbelievable weight loss mate improvements all round you should be very very proud

Freakish
05-11-2007, 10:24 AM
keep working hard, looks like you made very SUBSTANTIAL progress.

Jinkies
05-11-2007, 11:08 AM
I suppose surgery is the best bet for you mate but your going to be left with alot of nasty scars and a tummy tuck is one of the most painfull operations you can have.

Im still trying to come up with a way for minor cases to help, my skin was alot worse at 190 then it was at 250. I figured if I lost all my weight and had lose skin I just had to gain weight back and then lose it slowly and it would fade but that never really worked at all that well and the lower bodyfat I get the the more it shows.

You look amazing though man, easily the best weightloss transformation i've ever seen. Get the surgery and write a book cause theres plenty of asses who have down half of what you have and are banking off it

saleen01
05-11-2007, 02:23 PM
hey man, congrats, you look great
i lost 100lbs back in 98 and have managed to keep it off, but the skin never recovered....curious about the surgery
if the skin is bothering you and you cant take your shirt off, what will the scars do? don't you think it'll look worse if you are all scared up?
i've just tried to offset the loose skin with increasing my muscle mass, and although i know i'll never be "ripped", i think its better then scars all over me...
unless i'm totally off track and there is no scaring?

Kyolked
05-11-2007, 02:56 PM
don't worry about the loose skin, if you keep doing what your doing, it WILL go away.

Wannabelean
05-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Nah, the skin won't go away man.. Trust me, ha ha ha...

I would rather have scarring and **** then flappy loose skin tits flapping in the wind.. They look like open wallets sometimes man, baaaa hahaha.. It's more of a person comfort thing, you can see them sometimes in my clothes and I don't like it. They tend to hang when I am having intercourse with my fiance, little things like that are quite embarrassing and scarring would be much better in that sense.

I appreciate the comments guys, hard work is finally showing, woooo..

FreeRider
05-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Amazing dedication man! Much respect.