PDA

View Full Version : If This Doesn't Fire You Up....

Maki Riddington
05-06-2007, 10:26 PM
then you're hopeless. This video is simply amazing!!!

l4GWVtIMkQ8

rbar89
05-06-2007, 10:51 PM
incredibly inspirational.

diesel_dan
05-07-2007, 07:23 AM
That was a great post. Very inspirational, thanks.

Fuzzy
05-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Oh, they showed us this at school... thats intense.

Its training in a gym with a coach like that makes me better.

iRun
05-07-2007, 01:10 PM
wow.

it reminds me of my coach freshman year. he went to another school though.

Built
05-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Hmmmmm... if you don't watch the vid, it sounds JUST LIKE ... um. <cough>

I'M JUST SAYIN'!!! Besides, encouragement is encouragement. ;)

getfit
05-08-2007, 03:22 AM
That was awesome.

Maki Riddington
05-08-2007, 10:27 AM
This video rocks. just had to say it again. Totally got me pumped.

Bupp
05-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Honestly a coach like that pisses me off more then anything.

Yeah the coach is intense, but that means two really crappy things:

1) you have to listen to him cuss you out all practice long
2) when the game is on the line he lets his emotions get the better of him and makes dumb decisions

I'm a much bigger fan of having a cool/robot/mechanical coach. Let your team captain get everyones engines running.

KingJustin
05-08-2007, 12:22 PM

2) when the game is on the line he lets his emotions get the better of him and makes dumb decisions

I'm a much bigger fan of having a cool/robot/mechanical coach. Let your team captain get everyones engines running.

Yeah I agree. I can get intense by myself without anyone else's help. I'd rather have a coach that is mechanical instead of a motivator.

Hazerboy
05-08-2007, 01:48 PM
This is very different then a coach that cusses you out all practice and gets overly emotional during games. He asked for his best, not perfection, not 100 yards, not to go to the endzone, his best. This is this sort of a coach that would be satisfied with you loosing a game as long as you played to your potential.

This was the sort of wrestling coach I had. I may have lost a match but as long as I wrestled to my potential, he/I were both satisfied (You can't control that the other guy has 9 years of experience).

05-08-2007, 02:22 PM
hum why wont the video work for me- grrr

Bupp
05-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Hazerboy:

There is no way that in real life a coach who thinks he's getting his guy to work harder by yelling his head off at him doesn't also think that cussing him out will also help motivate them. A coach like that is thinking that by pissing you off he will make you play harder/better.

Agreed a coach with that style of yelling/swearing can also be happy if everyone played their hardest and lost. Thats beside the point. Let the coach be calm and collected and organize the schemes and plays.

Sidior
05-08-2007, 04:49 PM
I must be hopeless. All I was thinking the entire time was how uncomfortable Jeremy must be.

Anthony
05-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Some of you missed the point ... it's not about coaching style, it's about doing more than you thought possible. The mind is always the weakest link.

Maki Riddington
05-08-2007, 08:12 PM

I think you missed the point of this. The mind is weak and sometimes we need a push in the right direction to open us up so we realize what we are really capable of achieving.

Bupp
05-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Maki:

I tried to Hijack the thread. Sorry.

The video is a great example of us being capable of much more than we think we are and that our mind is often the limiting factor not our bodies. Kinda reminds me of the stories you hear about 100 pound mothers lifting cars off of their crushed children.

EDIT: The coach is still a prick though :)

jed
05-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Thats a great video, it takes a lot of [mind power?] to use your head like that kid did.

PS I have a coach like the one in the video, he's a pimp, he yells but doesnt cuss you out and he's a huge motivator to me. He helps our football team so much it's incredible what he's done in only one year of being here.

joelhall
05-11-2007, 12:29 PM
That's great. Reminds me of Lympestone's mindset. Never give up.

Blanche_Soprano
05-12-2007, 04:28 PM
I must be hopeless. All I was thinking the entire time was how uncomfortable Jeremy must be.

That's what I was thinking about too. What is he doing up there? Figuring out what to eat after practice? It's not the most fun looking position to be in for a couple of minutes.

Phenom
05-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Maki:

I tried to Hijack the thread. Sorry.

The video is a great example of us being capable of much more than we think we are and that our mind is often the limiting factor not our bodies. Kinda reminds me of the stories you hear about 100 pound mothers lifting cars off of their crushed children.

EDIT: The coach is still a prick though :)

That's more of an adrenal thing rather than a mental thing.

backseatwitme13
05-24-2007, 07:20 PM
I don't see how the coach is a prick.. Did you hear that kids loser attitude?? "they're a lot stronger than we are" he would have been a ****ty coach if he didnt make him do something.

ddegroff
05-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Hazerboy:

There is no way that in real life a coach who thinks he's getting his guy to work harder by yelling his head off at him doesn't also think that cussing him out will also help motivate them. A coach like that is thinking that by pissing you off he will make you play harder/better.

Agreed a coach with that style of yelling/swearing can also be happy if everyone played their hardest and lost. Thats beside the point. Let the coach be calm and collected and organize the schemes and plays.

I completely disagree with both your posts. My hockey coach in HS yelled at us all the time.

It made us play harder and tougher. We would go to war for him.

With that said that was really cool video. Once he put the blind fold on I knew he was going to push him further than the fifty tho.

Sensei
05-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Once he put the blind fold on I knew he was going to push him further than the fifty tho.Who DIDN'T know he was going the whole length of the field?... I like the message, but it was a little too Afterschool Special for me.

Gunshow
05-24-2007, 10:54 PM
haha, good video but i agree wth sensei, poor jeremy eh he must have been praying for him to only make it to the 50.

method115
05-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Who DIDN'T know he was going the whole length of the field?... I like the message, but it was a little too Afterschool Special for me.

haha I was thinking the exact same thing I was waiting for them to tell me to "drink milk" and "just say no to drugs"