PDA

View Full Version : Deli Meats?

eat2bbig
05-07-2007, 02:08 PM
I've heard in a few places to stay away from deli meats. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

I'm looking to add size but am trying to do it slowly rather than bulk and cut. So essentially, I'm trying to gain lean muscle while avoiding fat retention, which is difficult.

Deli meats (sandwiches with whole wheat bread and lettuce) would seem to be a good meal, but I just wanted some opinions.

Thanks in advance.

faithless
05-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Stay away from deli meats.

Alex.V
05-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Depends which ones. Most packaged ones are high in sodium, a bunch have heavy sugar glazes... but, say, deli sliced turkey breast can actually be pretty damn good.

Just read the labels.

And if you're getting it fresh, stick to the turkey breast and avoid the hams.

eat2bbig
05-07-2007, 03:05 PM
I usually go with the lean roast beef and lean and sodium reduced turkey...I assume these would be OK?

Tofer
05-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't know whether or not it's good for you, but Tandori chicken is so damn good I don't even care.

TommyBoy
05-07-2007, 04:57 PM
I don't know whether or not it's good for you, but Tandori chicken is so damn good I don't even care.
I'm with you man, if it tastes good....eat it.

Mad Martigan
05-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah, the packaged deli meats do tend to have a lot of salt (and other preservative chemicals) in them. I eat them, but I'm getting a lot of salt from all teh Chunky Soup I eat any how.