PDA

View Full Version : Going to the beach

Nito
05-08-2007, 10:07 PM
As you guys all probably know body composition is always changing. Some days you look leaner, some days fatter, etc.

Is there any diet you can do to help you look your best for the day at the beach? Or any types of foods you should be eating on that particular day, or leading up to that day to ensure you look your best? (Leanest and Biggest)

Nito
05-08-2007, 11:42 PM
i dont think you understnad what i mean.

Based on how you ate that day your body composition may change. For example if you take in a lot of sodium you will hold more water which won't give you a lean look. I'm asking for diet tips to make you look the leanest and biggest you can on that given day.

Along time ago i read an article that told you how to eat properly 1 week before going to the beach so you can look your best, I think Built linked me too it, but I don't remember the site.

Nito
05-08-2007, 11:49 PM
And just to clarify, I think I am being misunderstood here.

I am an expirenced bodybuilder, and I am pretty big as well as fairly lean.

On the day of a bodybuilding competition, bodybuilders follow a specific diet, so they look the best on stage. I am trying to find something similar to this.

wnt2gitswoll
05-09-2007, 12:35 AM
If you're such an experienced bodybuilder you should know what they eat to look best on stage. Anyway, I look my leanest in the morning when I haven't eaten anything but as soon as I do eat or drink much I blow up. Just don't eat too much or drink much liquids before you go to the beach. That does the trick for me.

SupRsmall
05-09-2007, 12:48 AM
whats your time frame to prepare for the beach?

a couple hours, a day, a couple days..

Phenom
05-09-2007, 12:49 AM
I think certain models/entertainers go on the atkins diet a week before a photoshoot.

If you are an experienced bodybuilder, won't you look better than most people even on your worst day anyway??

Basshog
05-09-2007, 06:24 AM
I know exactly what you mean dude, I think it helps to drop a huge deuce before you go....at least that makes me feel better :hello:

And to all the people that are ripping on this dude....take it easy, this is a legit question.

WillKuenzel
05-09-2007, 06:59 AM
If none of y'all have anything constructive to the guys question, don't post. It's a legitimate question, that obviously none of y'all know anything about.

Nito, if you're looking for that "dry" look, a week or so before you go pump up your water and start cutting your sodium intake. I'll also cut carbs starting on Monday. So the week would look like this:

Sunday: 2 gallons of water, some sodium, moderate carbs
Monday: 3 gallons of water, some sodium, low carbs
Tuesday: 2 gallons of water, less sodium, low carbs
Wednesday: 1 gallon of water, less sodium, low carbs
Thursday: 1/2 gallon of water, no sodium, no carbs
Friday: 1/2 gallon or less of water, no sodium, as many fat free carbs as you can handle
Saturday (beach day): start pounding water when you get to the beach so you don't get dehydrated and eat some beef jerky to get back some sodium and water retention in the body.

I don't recommend doing this often and this'll only work to a certain extent if you're less than 10% bodyfat.

bics56
05-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Here you go...may find something here

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=what+a+bodybuilder+eats+before+a+competition

on a side note...it is sweet seeing people being so helpful in this thread

Nito
05-09-2007, 11:44 AM
I know this is pushing it..but just out of curiousity would a carb up/load after weeks of low carbs be a good idea prior to the beach to get those glycogen stores up to give your muscles a fuller look?

Guido
05-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it sure seems like your obsessing about your appearance a whole lot just for a day at the beach. Got a lot riding on it or something?

rk77
05-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it sure seems like your obsessing about your appearance a whole lot just for a day at the beach. Got a lot riding on it or something?

If I spent a long time working out, I'd def want to look my best the one or two times people actually see you with the shirt off.

Invain
05-09-2007, 02:48 PM
I know where Guido's coming from. I go to the beech many, many times during the summer. There's no way I could worry about looking my absolute best every single time.

Nito
05-09-2007, 11:09 PM
I go once a year.

Nito
05-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Wh are "fat free carbs" Homeyield?

BFGUITAR
05-10-2007, 04:41 PM
lol fat free carbs

Thats like saying a fretless violin.