PDA

View Full Version : Photoblog: Current progress

cassio
05-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Hey guys/gals...

I have decided to take working out a lot more serious after purchasing
one of the greatest workout books i have yet to come across, and im surprised i didnt do this sooner....

I got the Arnold Modern Encyclopedia of Body Building...

I think within a few months i will def see some nice changes.

I've read approx 300pgs in the first day already....:read:
(feels like im back in college and i love learning new things!)

Im currently @ 190lbs and want to gain approx 20 more pounds
and keep a nicely defined body.

I will be uploading pics to my blog weekly with my progress..

I may even take daily shots for my own use.

Please let me know what you guys think...

http://www.photoblog.com/user/usfbull1981/

Thanks in advance for your criticism. :thumbup:

-ian

Mr. D
05-09-2007, 01:12 PM
good luck using arnolds workout. unless u are on a full cocktail of drugs and have time to sleep 8+ hours a night and 2 hour naps a day and have the greatest genetics, you might not be happy with results.

with that in mind, you have a great foundation, and any non-reeeeetarded workout plan with caloric surplus will help you gain.

Chubrock
05-09-2007, 01:14 PM
My advice? Enjoy the pictures in Arnold's Book but don't use the routine. It's terrible.

Rock Steady
05-09-2007, 01:18 PM
I agree with the others. Already looking superb, though - 20 more pounds and you're going to be hyoooooooge.

cassio
05-09-2007, 01:19 PM
thanks,

currently im def lacking in the caloric intake area...

im using the book more as a guide, than anend all be all.... i already workout 6 days a week twice a day.

there is a lot of very useful info throughout the entire book and the way it is delivered has def. inspired me to rethink my routines, the way i perform excercises etc...

only supps i plan to take are isoPure, my current amino acid supp and my multiviatamins.

i am going to give this book a chance, i have a friend that has been on his variation of the workouts presented in the book and he's in great shape at 215lbs.... my plan is to reach 220, and with an increase in calories etc. i think i will def attain my goals w.o. cheating like many people do with steroids.

Rock Steady
05-09-2007, 01:21 PM
thanks,

currently im def lacking in the caloric intake area...

im using the book more as a guide, than anend all be all.... i already workout 6 days a week twice a day.

there is a lot of very useful info throughout the entire book and the way it is delivered has def. inspired me to rethink my routines, the way i perform excercises etc...

only supps i plan to take are isoPure, my current amino acid supp and my multiviatamins.

i am going to give this book a chance, i have a friend that has been on his variation of the workouts presented in the book and he's in great shape at 215lbs.... my plan is to reach 220, and with an increase in calories etc. i think i will def attain my goals w.o. cheating like many people do with steroids.

That plus not eating enough is going to make gaining weight really tough. Unless you're on steroids, or even if you are, I can safely say that that's too much volume.

What's your routine? You may want to post it in another part of the forum.

faithless
05-09-2007, 02:39 PM
love the build dude. 20 more pounds and you'll look proportionate to the hair.

Guido
05-09-2007, 02:41 PM
You might want to try some better books to get your routines from. Arnolds is an interesting read, but the workouts are terrible for an average person to get good results from.

Try one of these to get you started:

"Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe

"Scrawny to Brawny" by John Berardi and Mike Mejia

"The New Rules of Lifting" by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove

Guido
05-09-2007, 02:43 PM
...or

you could read the forums (especially all the stickies) and try one of the structured routines on here that seem to work so well for so many. WBB1 and Baby Got Back (BGB) come to mind.