PDA

View Full Version : Can someone check my diet calculations.

donnie165
05-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Based on an article from Lyle McDonald I tried to figure out some things. I am 282 pounds and i'm prob slightly over but for the sake of it i'll use 30% bf.
So if 282 x.3 equals 84.6 My body can burn 2622 calories a day of pure fat losing very little lbm. Also if I multiply my bw x 15 cals a lb. I come up with a maintence of 4230. So if I eat about 2k cals a day I will be down 15610 calories a week which is slighlty below 4.5 lbs a week. That seems awsome though I understand It would slightly decrease each week based on that but still would be amazing.

Mr. D
05-09-2007, 07:45 PM
If you want to try extreme dieting for extreme fat loss, then you should buy Lyles book "Rapid Fat Loss Handbook" aka PSMF.

But yes, the fatter you are, the more extreme a caloric deficit your body can handle, and the quicker you can drop weight.

What would your exercise program/routine look like?

Mr. D
05-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Have you thought about eating at maintence, with good,clean foods, getting stronger and playing offensive or defensive line?

donnie165
05-10-2007, 06:25 AM
Thank you for your response Mr.D. Honestly I am not going to play football because I like it and all but my true passion is basketball. I've always been good at basketball but my weight is always a severe problem. I currently do wbb1 but sometimes I can't make it to the gym but I do my best. I think I would like to lose 40 or 50 lbs and then try to maintence and gain lbm instead of at my current weight. I think that would be much more attainable but I'm open to all suggestions. Though I definitely would be doing that if I was focused on football. I'm probally built equal or if not better for football than basketball but I gut the height and I really love it so I need to play the cards i'm dealt.

BigBossMan
05-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Donnie-I was wondering if you could share the formula at these calculations are determined from....I would like to know how much fat I could lose safely without losing musle mass as well..

thanks-BBM

Mr. D
05-22-2007, 01:41 PM
http://www.mindandmuscle.net/mindandmuscle/print/printview.php?artID=35

BigBossMan
05-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks Mr. D

this article is very interesting to me as well as the thread about sugar. I calculated according to Lyle's method here and according to him I could successful sustain a caloric deficit of 1,072 and not lose any muscle mass.

According to his calculation my maintenance is 2,595

that means I could eat 1,523 cals per day and not lose any muscle mass.

I have been eating a little over 2600 cals for the past week and running about 1.4 miles per day I have lost 4lbs...I have been pretty damn hungry all the time too. I couldn't imagine going down to 1500...that is like nothing.

I think the problem is my BF calculation of 20%

What is the most accurate way to measure BF does anyone know.

Mr. D
05-23-2007, 02:21 PM
most accurate?DEXA.

Its not really feasibly or practical to do that so calipers are the way to go or post your pics and people on this forum are good at guesstimating.