PDA

View Full Version : Eating the same thing everyday

mister manager
05-10-2007, 12:22 PM
is there a problem with eating the same thing everyday without ANY variance?
Assuming the diet you has gives you all the nutrients you need is there any problem with not switching it up?

getfit
05-10-2007, 12:29 PM
I eat almost the same thing everyday,no problem here i get everything i need.

Mr. D
05-10-2007, 12:46 PM
i generally eat the same thing daily on week to week basis. If broccolli is on sale that week, theni eat broc everyday. So it depends on which veggie is on sale for that week.

But i generally eat the same thing everyday at the same time everyday. I am a creature of habit and it makes planning meals hte night before simple.

ddegroff
05-10-2007, 06:11 PM
I eat the same thing from week to week. Much easier that way.

ArchAngel777
05-11-2007, 07:46 AM
A lot of people have mentioned that it was bad to eat the same thing everyday as far as nutrients go - I dissagree. I think it is totally acceptable to eat the same thing every day as long as you are getting nutrient rich foods (eat your veggies!) and take a multi-vitamin as well. I think an issue would come into play if you never ate veggies, and consumed food that doesn't really have any value (table sugar). Additionally, nutrient values are not set in stone. One apple might contain different nutrients than another apple and in different quanities. They all share some common nutrients, but depending on where the apple was grown, what soil the tree was in, etc all effect how nutrients are in that particular item and they do vary in and of themselves. So eating the same thing everyday doesn't mean you are getting the same nutrients anyway, at least in the same quantities.

As someone else mentioned here, we are creatures of habbit. In fact, the easiest way to adhere to a diet is to the eat the same things every day.

I eat the same breakfast, lunch, but my dinner changes (for the sake of my wife and probably for my sake too!). No problems here :D

natediesel
05-12-2007, 03:48 AM
I kept my diet relatively the same but started eating carrots, I was taking dumps twice daily for like 10 days and lost like 5 pounds. But then the dumps stopped. There could be so many reasons for this... I kept eating carrots but I just eventually reverted back to my always semi-constipated state. Sexy.

Stumprrp
05-12-2007, 11:08 AM
some people do, i eat what ever i see so its always changing!

Nosaj
05-13-2007, 03:56 PM
I've been my biggest, stronger and leanest all by consuming the same thing day in and day out (calorie amount depending on cutting/bulking of course) so I would say eating the same thing everyday is definitely healthy. On a side note, make a lot of effort to get feedback and revisions on your diet to make sure you're getting all the adequate nutrition required to keep the body healthy while performing strenuous activities such as lifting iron.