PDA

View Full Version : When should i take my postworkout shake?

123 champ
05-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey. Football season is up again. Before every practice,we do either squat, bench, clean, or push press plus to assistives for 30 min. It is a usually a 4x5 routine with percentages going up everyting (ex. 60%, 65%, 70%, 80%) Then we go to practice which lasts two hours. Should i take my postworkout shake (dextrose and protein shake) right after i workout before practice, or wait till after practice, or split it up? what i've been doing so far is taking the shake before practice and having an additional scoop of protein and a sandwhich right after practice. any suggestions?

Songsangnim
05-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey. Football season is up again. Before every practice,we do either squat, bench, clean, or push press plus to assistives for 30 min. It is a usually a 4x5 routine with percentages going up everyting (ex. 60%, 65%, 70%, 80%) Then we go to practice which lasts two hours. Should i take my postworkout shake (dextrose and protein shake) right after i workout before practice, or wait till after practice, or split it up? what i've been doing so far is taking the shake before practice and having an additional scoop of protein and a sandwhich right after practice. any suggestions?

It doesn't matter. If your stomach can handle food while playing ball, then go ahead with what you are doing currently...it won't make that much difference.

RedSpikeyThing
05-10-2007, 10:10 PM
I'd eat something before, between lifting and football and after. But that's just me.