PDA

View Full Version : At Large in Canada

ianewilson
05-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Have you thought about using a company in Canada to distribute your products to help ease some of the duty charges and shipping times for us folks way up here in Canada?

Joe Black
05-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Hey,

This is not in our short term plans. At the moment we are focusing on building our product line in the U.S but will eventually push out and make things more accessible outside of the U.S.

You should also note that we use USPS to ship to Canada which normally avoids any extra charges on top of what you pay for the shipping. Also, if you order in bulk, you will find the shipping more reasonable.

BFGUITAR
05-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeh here in Toronto shipping costs about 20 bucks for one tub of nitrean and25 for two :)

deeder
05-12-2007, 12:06 AM
I got nailed with custom charges the one time I ordered. It also took about 3 weeks to get to me. Hell, I'd volunteer to be the Canadian rep and get it all setup legally, etc. As it is now I can't justify buying from ALN because going to Popeye's 2 blocks from my house means I spend roughly the same amount (usually a little cheaper) and I have my protein, vitamins, etc. when I walk out of the store.

chris mason
05-12-2007, 05:41 AM
I got nailed with custom charges the one time I ordered. It also took about 3 weeks to get to me. Hell, I'd volunteer to be the Canadian rep and get it all setup legally, etc. As it is now I can't justify buying from ALN because going to Popeye's 2 blocks from my house means I spend roughly the same amount (usually a little cheaper) and I have my protein, vitamins, etc. when I walk out of the store.

Understood. Most shipments take much less time than that, but we cannot control for the Canadian postal service or for customs.

The only thing I would say to you is that when you go to Popeye's you aren't getting our products. There is a palatable difference in quality between our products and just about anything else out there. Now, that doesn't mean other companies don't have good products, just that our core products are as good as it gets in our opinion and that of many of our customers.

Chris

ianewilson
05-12-2007, 06:59 AM
I have dealt with a web-based company here in Canada (befit.ca on the East Coast) that has excellent customer service and is highly recognized for it. Their products ship extremely fast and free. They are always open to stocking new products and I'm sure that they would love to be a Canadian distributor for your products.

chris mason
05-12-2007, 08:18 AM
I have dealt with a web-based company here in Canada (befit.ca on the East Coast) that has excellent customer service and is highly recognized for it. Their products ship extremely fast and free. They are always open to stocking new products and I'm sure that they would love to be a Canadian distributor for your products.

That may be of interest. Thanks for mentioning it.

Chris

Detard
05-12-2007, 10:29 AM
I live in toronto and ive ordered form ALN before and it was great.

deeder
05-12-2007, 10:39 AM
I live in toronto and ive ordered form ALN before and it was great.

How was it great? As in you got your product quickly? Enjoyed the product? Good customer service?

Detard
05-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah I got it quick, the t-shirt fit like it was supposed to and didnt shrink in the wash and yes, when I emailed chris about my order he got back to me right away.

Grimey
05-14-2007, 11:04 AM
i'm still waiting for my order.

tomorrow will be two weeks. i find the shipping to be expensive but then again i've never ordered anything like this over the net before.

it better be as good as everyone says...the wait has been killin me

BFGUITAR
05-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeh it said my shipment left the US on May 9... I live in Toronto and I cant wait for the stuff.

ianewilson
05-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Imagine how nice it would be us to be able to order our At Large products online and receive them in 2 or 3 business days guaranteed. Maybe if we put together enough Canadian interest, we can get the boys over at At Large to use a Canadian supplement distributor.

Walrus
05-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Imagine how nice it would be us to be able to order our At Large products online and receive them in 2 or 3 business days guaranteed. Maybe if we put together enough Canadian interest, we can get the boys over at At Large to use a Canadian supplement distributor.

A perfect idea. I've ordered once, and it was excellent service but the delay was horrific and I haven't ordered since - because I'm an impatient guy :bang:

If there's a distributor interested, is there really any risk involved for ALN?

BFGUITAR
05-14-2007, 05:07 PM
If there is a middle man than its going to cost us more, more than the shipping!

I know it takes a while but buy in bulk and when your on your last bucket of Nitrean, order again.

chris mason
05-14-2007, 06:01 PM
We do appreciete the patience of our Canadian customers.

Chris

Walrus
05-14-2007, 06:56 PM
If the reseller gets a reseller price (kinda like the bulk thing, but if they are any good at all it can be expected to not only be bulk orders, but frequent - so maybe something there could be negotiated) then it would still allow room for mark up per unit without raising the price too much.

I'd be willing to poop out a few more dollars for the convenience. Maybe I'm alone in this, though... and quite possibly nuts. :fart:

Walrus
05-14-2007, 06:57 PM
...or maybe just train high speed carrier pigeons

Hockey66
05-14-2007, 08:11 PM
...or maybe just train high speed carrier pigeons

Give them some Nitor, your shipment will arrive the next day.

RedSpikeyThing
05-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Yeh it said my shipment left the US on May 9... I live in Toronto and I cant wait for the stuff.
It takes a while :(

If the reseller gets a reseller price (kinda like the bulk thing, but if they are any good at all it can be expected to not only be bulk orders, but frequent - so maybe something there could be negotiated) then it would still allow room for mark up per unit without raising the price too much.

I'd be willing to poop out a few more dollars for the convenience. Maybe I'm alone in this, though... and quite possibly nuts. :fart:

You might get away without having to pay the $10 in tariffs at the border, so you would probably save money in the long run.

ianewilson
05-15-2007, 04:26 PM
I am definately willing to spend a little more money for the convenience of having a Candian distributor. I had no idea there were so many Canadians on this board. Anyone from Ottawa?

BFGUITAR
05-15-2007, 04:33 PM
I am definately willing to spend a little more money for the convenience of having a Candian distributor. I had no idea there were so many Canadians on this board. Anyone from Ottawa?

Sens suck :angel:

Manveet
05-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Understood. Most shipments take much less time than that, but we cannot control for the Canadian postal service or for customs.

The only thing I would say to you is that when you go to Popeye's you aren't getting our products. There is a palatable difference in quality between our products and just about anything else out there. Now, that doesn't mean other companies don't have good products, just that our core products are as good as it gets in our opinion and that of many of our customers.

Chris

If anybody is willing to spend ~$70 canadian for a 4.4lbs tub of protein the more power to them.

They might as well go out an get some Cell Tech too.

Shelling out more money for a "special blend" of proteins makes little sense when milk and a generic brand of whey can do the same things at a much cheaper cost to the consumer.

chris mason
05-15-2007, 05:26 PM
If anybody is willing to spend ~$70 canadian for a 4.4lbs tub of protein the more power to them.

They might as well go out an get some Cell Tech too.

Shelling out more money for a "special blend" of proteins makes little sense when milk and a generic brand of whey can do the same things at a much cheaper cost to the consumer.

You are wrong. There is a quality issue. Why do you think some suppliers of raw materials can charge more than others?

Have you priced milk lately? How much cheaper do you think it is to mix milk with a "cheap" whey powder? Have you checked whey prices lately? The market has spiked for the raw product.

You are entitled to your opinion, but why voice an opinion which is ignorant to all of the facts?

Holto
05-15-2007, 08:28 PM
There is also an issue of the lactose in milk. I can get Nitrean delivered to my door for the same price that I could buy a quality blend in a store in Canada.

RedSpikeyThing
05-15-2007, 09:55 PM

Is this in reference to ALN? :scratch: I bought two for $92.81 and buying a third one would reduce the cost per unit

Anthony
05-16-2007, 09:01 AM

Actually, ON Whey + Milk is more expensive than Nitrean if you calculate the cost per 24g of protein.

You might want to check your calculator before you talk **** next time.

ericg
05-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Tony. You should stock some ALN stuff in your new gym!!! ;)

sharkall2003
05-16-2007, 10:56 AM
You are wrong. There is a quality issue. Why do you think some suppliers of raw materials can charge more than others?

Have you priced milk lately? How much cheaper do you think it is to mix milk with a "cheap" whey powder? Have you checked whey prices lately? The market has spiked for the raw product.

You are entitled to your opinion, but why voice an opinion which is ignorant to all of the facts?

I will agree. I paid nearly 20 dollars more for 10lbs a whey this month than a few months back. Not just that, but I mix all my protein powders with milk. I enjoy the taste.

philou123
05-16-2007, 03:05 PM
I agree that a Canadian rep could be a good move for ALS. I would certainly be willing to try out more of your products if I did have to pay the $20 shipping fee, and wait for 2 weeks to get them.

From a business standpoint, organizing a distribution network in Canada wouldn't be that complicated, and would probably increase sales in Canada by a fair amount.

Anthony
05-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Tony. You should stock some ALN stuff in your new gym!!! ;)

Yeah, we plan to keep a stock. :D

ianewilson
05-17-2007, 06:30 AM
Yeah, we plan to keep a stock. :D

Are you willing to entertain the idea of having other Canadians ordering from you? Would it be feasible for you or for us?

Anthony
05-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Are you willing to entertain the idea of having other Canadians ordering from you? Would it be feasible for you or for us?

We are willing to entertain the idea, but it hasn't been discussed with the owners of ALN. And even if everyone agreed, it wouldn't happen for awhile.

IHaveToCrushYou
06-02-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm in Alberta, and while I love ALN's products, I hate the wait. For us canadians it seems we have the dilemma of pay more, get it now or pay less get it later and we all know time is money so ALN needs to get into Canada :).