PDA

View Full Version : I am cracking!! HELP!!! What am i doing wrong? Im getting depressed!!

Junior
02-25-2002, 09:03 PM
Hey guys I was eating low carbs high protein and pretty low fat for about a month doing awesome, i lost about 15 pounds in the past 2 months, and probably put 1-2 pounds of muscle on, my abs are starting show, people are notcing, But...

Im cracking, i just had two slices of bread with peanut butter, cholate spead and chocolate chips... i cant take it anymore everynight i get killer cravings for **** like this (SUGAR AND CARBS) and I can no longer fend them. I know that this is going to have terrible effects how do you guys stop. I am really starting to get down on myself, to the point where well... whatever... i want to quit almost.

How can i overcome these cravings its used to be so easy but now... I juat crack...

TreeTrunks
02-25-2002, 09:09 PM
up your carbs a bit more, its normal

Hunt
02-25-2002, 09:10 PM
JR:

Its not an easy thing - without having seen what your diet is right now it is tough to know what amounts of protein, carbohydrate, and fat you are getting (as well as when you are eating, how often you are eating, what amounts at each meal you are eating, and when you are doing your cardio and lifting).

I can give you a few ideas which may or may not work - I've tried them:

1) When you are very hungry and craving that carb fix (or whatever else) try drinking a glass or two of cold water.

2) Work a cheat day into your diet every couple of weeks.

3) A half tablespoon of olive oil (or other good oil) can work as a pretty good satient (appetite suppresant).

It is possible that you are not eating enough bro - make sure that this is not the case first and make sure that your meals are fairly even and spaced every 2-3 hours during your waking hours.:)

Junior
02-25-2002, 09:20 PM
Diet as Follows:

7:30 Am Protein Powder (Optimum) mixed with 1/2 cup mil 1/2 cup water

10:30 Protein bar (33 protein, 8 Carbs, 7-10 fat)

12:00 1.5 Chicken Breasts

2:30 1 Chicken Breast or1 protein bar

5:00 5 egg whites, 1 yolk, and 5 han strips (5 ham= 22P/2.5C/2F)

6:00 Cardio or Train

8:00 Chicken or Strak or somthing and then boom I crack and eat pure ****

10:00-12:00 bedtime

Aww man i just wanna go eat something now, i just ate, 1 chicken breast 2 pieces of bread, 3 tbsp of pb a handful of chocolate chips, and 2 tbsps of hazelnut chocolate spread, oh yes and 2 cans of diet coke and 2 glasses of water holly **** man

heathj
02-25-2002, 09:22 PM
How many calories is that? How much do you weigh?

Junior
02-25-2002, 09:26 PM
probably not enough is it? I weigh 160

Junior
02-25-2002, 09:34 PM
i dont think it was enogh i am probably shorting myself 3-800 calories.... hmm... is that what would cause this?

Podium Kreatin
02-26-2002, 05:26 AM
hmm, be careful, make sure u don't get eating disorders, guys can get em too
if done correctly, u can still lose bodyfat at about 3000cal/day. a good idea would be to up ur fat while keeping ur carbs down; fat digetsion releases cck, whcih gives that "full" feeling. carbs do that too, but unlike fat, carbs give only a temporary "fullness"

IceRgrrl
02-26-2002, 08:42 AM
Junior, I think I agree with the others that maybe you need to up your cals and/or carbs a little...you might be cutting back too much and your body is reacting to the semi-starvation. Just looking at your diet, it looks more like what I would eat on my cutting diet and you obviously need more cals than me!

Also, hot liquids are good for killing appetite...I drink a lot of tea when I'm cutting and that seems to help.

GL!

ElPietro
02-26-2002, 08:55 AM
I'd up the fat and carbs...maybe replace the protein bar in your 2nd meal with some oatmeal and an apple or something like that.

Perhaps also eating something more solid than a shake first thing will help you with the early morning cravings...

I know half the week my first meal is an omelette made with two whole eggs and 4 egg whites, mix in some cubes of cheddar cheese so that you have nice pockets of melted cheese...mmm... add a bit of spicy ketchup when it's cooked and it tastes great and has good protein, and fat and keeps me feeling full well past the time i need to eat my 2nd meal...then this allows you to eat without feeling starved throughout the rest of the day.

Mebbe add some cottage cheese or something as a last meal of the day...like 30 minutes before bed...

6 meals isn't written in stone...

Par Deus
02-26-2002, 09:21 AM
Fat stores and glucose metabolism are the primary signals to your brain of your body's nutrtional state. You have 1) lost fat and 2) cut out carbs (meaning no glucose to matabolize) -- it should not be surprising that you are craving food -- your brain is being told that your body is starving and millions of years of evolution have produced a very strong urge not to do so.

Read my leptin articles.

plornive
02-26-2002, 11:38 AM
Dude, RELAX, pat yourself on the back for getting this far, and make it your next goal to figure out your maintenance calories.

Read Lyle McDonald's "The Baseline Diet" (do a search on google for "the baseline diet lyle mcdonald"). This might help you to estimate how many calories you really need.

aeckhardt
02-26-2002, 02:57 PM
I say have one refeed day of high high carbs and low low fat. And add some carbs after you train.