PDA

View Full Version : High calorie smoothie any suggestions?

j-dearden
05-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Well after 2 month off training its finaly time to start back in about a week, and beleive me i cant wait, i have lost so much weight its unbileavble.

Any way i need to start back on a bulking diet and wondered if any 1 had any good ideas for a home made high calorie smoothie.

I was thinking mayble,

1 scoop of whey
milk
oats

and

some olive or flax seed oil

ANy one know of anuthing better?

cheers

getfit
05-11-2007, 02:00 PM
you can add ice cream, peanut butter,berries,banana

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-11-2007, 02:03 PM
What I make ~>

2 cups of milk
1 cup of oats (ground up in a coffee grinder into a powder)
2 ounces of almonds (ground up in a coffee grinder into a brown sugar consistency)
1 large banana
10 ounces of strawberries
(sometimes I'll add blueberries)
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
2 scoops of 100% egg white protein powder
...and sometimes a scoop of vanilla ice cream for flavor.

It's about 1,500 calories and 50 ounces of massive shake.

Check out the recipes section for other shake ideas.

Coqui
05-11-2007, 02:06 PM
What I make ~>

2 cups of milk
2 ounces of almonds (ground up in a coffee grinder into a brown sugar consistency)
1 large banana

I was about to link to your thread about this shake.

j-dearden
05-11-2007, 02:07 PM
What I make ~>

2 cups of milk
1 large banana

Instead of coffee grinder, food processor should work right?

Never realy tried it before u see.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Instead of coffee grinder, food processor should work right?I don't know. You can try it.

I was about to link to your thread about this shake.:D

Unreal
05-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Food processor will work fine. Easiest way to add calories is fat. Whole milk, peanut butter, nuts, olive oil.

Mr. D
05-11-2007, 02:14 PM
I like coconut oil in my smoothies too.

j-dearden
05-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Cheers, will defo give these a try, start loading up on these cals again ;)

Howard 9
05-11-2007, 05:37 PM
This one is beastly

<Protein Shake: 1067 cals, 81g protein, 50g carb, 48g fat
Skim Milk (2 cups): 180 cals, 16g protein, 26g carb, 0g fat
Olive Oil (1 Tbsp): 120 cals, 0g protein, 0g carb, 14g fat
Whey (2 scoops): 266 cals, 50g protein, 10g carb, 2g fat
Banana: 121 cals, 1g protein, 31g carb, 0g fat
PB (4 Tbsp): 380 cals, 14g protein, 14g carb, 32g fat>

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-11-2007, 07:46 PM
How is that beastly when the one above is 1,500+ calories? The dang thing takes me like an hour or so to drink, lol.

Oh by the way...the shake I suggested fills up the entire blender. After you drink it for a while, it the tastes sort of dwindles away. When you get about halfway down, throw a cup of ice in there and it will taste great again.

BFGUITAR
05-11-2007, 09:06 PM
How is that beastly when the one above is 1,500+ calories? The dang thing takes me like an hour or so to drink, lol.

Oh by the way...the shake I suggested fills up the entire blender. After you drink it for a while, it the tastes sort of dwindles away. When you get about halfway down, throw a cup of ice in there and it will taste great again.

Or you can just make less :P
No need for 1500 calories in an hour. That would mean less eating later :(

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I make it because I can't get in enough calories at the end of the day from solid foods. This just makes it easier. I WANT the calories. Or I get a 3x3 or 4x4 at In-N-Out (3-4 slices of hamburger meat).

BFGUITAR
05-11-2007, 10:49 PM
I wish my metabolism was like yours cause I would be in HEAVEN.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-11-2007, 11:11 PM
You mean having to gorge myself to the point of almost puking in order to gain weight? No, it isn't fun. It makes me hate food, not enjoy it.

mike831
05-12-2007, 02:44 AM
I hate making big shakes. They take too much time making, drinking, and cleaning. I prefer not using the blender because there's too many parts to wash, and washing it everyday seemed like a chore. So I make things simple. I use a coffee grinder for the oatmeal. It grinds the oatmeal much finer than the blender so it's a lot easier to swallow and it's a lot faster in the coffee grinder than in the blender. It takes about thirty seconds to blend a cup of oatmeal, and I occasionally clean the grinder.

So here's what I do. Grind one cup of oatmeal (300 calories) and dump it in the cup. Add three scoops of protein (360 calories), and 1.5 cup whole milk (240 calories) for a total of 900 calories. Shake isn't thick and it's fresh so the oatmeal doesn't expand. I'll finish it in two gulps in less than a minute.

I'll make another shake later on in the day: two scoops protein (240 calories), 1 cup whole milk (160 calories), and 2 tablespoons olive oil (250 calories) for a total of 650 calories. One gulp and it's gone.

Need more calories? Make either shake again or add some more ingredients to either shake. I would use peanut butter for taste, but stirring with a chopstick takes too much time and I don't want to wash the blender. I used to make a big shake with peanut butter and other fruits, but it got to be a chore and drinking the big shake took an hour for me too. Now, it only takes a couple minutes to prepare and less than a minute to drink.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-12-2007, 02:54 AM
I grind the oats and almonds before putting them in the blender. I mix all the smaller ingredients in the blender and then add the big stuff. Makes a very creamy shake. The clean up isn't hard either. Dunno what you're using in your shakes...dry cement, perhaps?

Howard 9
05-12-2007, 12:27 PM
How is that beastly when the one above is 1,500+ calories?

Cause I want it to be beastly :(