PDA

View Full Version : To skinny, time to bulk

Ryno
05-11-2007, 05:31 PM
So in my initial post I was trying to find how to do a cut because the one I had been on seemed to have stopped and I wasn't losing anymore fat. I was trying to figure out how to get it going again.

I've been told by some people that I'm already skinny enough so I guess it is time to bulk. I've never done a bulk and I'm looking forward to that alot more than the cut cause I'll get to eat more.

My formula for a cut was 1g protein per lbm, .5g fat per lbm and weight x 12 for calories.

I prefer to be real specific about it so that was perfect for me. Can anyone give me the numbers and ideal foods I should be aiming for on a bulk?

Mr. D
05-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Since youve been on caloric deficit for a while, dont jump right into caloric surplus. Thats recipe for fat gain. Ramp up to maintence, and then ramp up from there.

Maintence for most people is 14-16xBW, depending on your metabolism. A bulk would be a 10 to 20% increase on that, depending on how slow/fast you want it. In theory slower bulk means less fat gain but also less muscle gains. Many prefer that way. Others prefer stuffing their face and dealing with cutting the fat later.

Bako Lifter
05-11-2007, 06:01 PM
A good bulk would be this.

Body weight x 25 = calories
Lean Mass x 2 = protein

But don't jump right into that, do what Mr. D said first.

Rock Steady
05-11-2007, 07:55 PM
If you want 'to skinny,' I wouldn't recommend a bulk.

Mr. D
05-11-2007, 09:34 PM
A good bulk would be this.

Body weight x 25 = calories
Lean Mass x 2 = protein

But don't jump right into that, do what Mr. D said first.

BWx25 is awfully aggressive. Youll definitely put on a good amount of fat that way, unless you have superfast metabolism and VERY intense training regimen.

I was thinking something along the lines of 17-20xBW.

Also when on caloric surplus, your need for protein isnt as great as when on deficit. (you still need 1xLBM in protein). 2xLBM might be overkill,and as Vapour Trails would say it's "an expensive form of glucose and waste"