PDA

View Full Version : Analysis paralysis.....

Titalis
05-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Ok, I am 34 years old, 5'-10" tall, I weigh 195lbs, my BF % is 17. My goal is to get my BF down to 8-10% then bulk to 12-13% rinse and repeat till I look like John Cena.

I read that for every for every pound of BF you can deficit yourself 31 maint cals (if anyone agrees/dissagrees I would like to know why). So here is how I broke down.

195*.17=33.15 lbs of BF which leaves 161.85lbs of LBM

so if I used 14 cals/lb of LBM my maint cals would be 2265.62
my caloric def should be 1027.65

This would leave me needing to intake 1237.97 cals a day.

Enter the confusion, 90% of the things I have read here state that 2-3k cals to get big and even when cutting. So when I first started reading the boards back in January (thats when I descided to get serious about transforming my physique) I ramped up my cals to between 2k and 2.3k a day. It was hell trying to stuff that many cals in and I constantly fealt like I was getting fatter (just my stomach, I did feel like I was making good gains with my lifting and arm/chest size).

Now, for the last week I have been trying this new approach and generaly I feel much more comfortable. One concern is muscle loss, pretty much everything Ive read says if you are under 2k cals you risk muscle loss.

Im eating pretty clean, protein drinks 2-3 times a day, chicken and a veggie almost every afternoon meal, creatine, and multivitamins.

Anyone have any opinions? Thoughts? Ideas? Am I just trying to over make this to difficult?

Sensei
05-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Am I just trying to over make this to difficult?Yes, you are.

Titalis
05-13-2007, 01:09 PM
So can anyone attest to which method would be best to acheive the results I am looking for?

Built
05-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Read the diet link in my sig. You might find that helpful as a start.

Alex.V
05-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Take what you're eating now. Record your diet for a week, down to every snack.

Then, take a few things out. See if you lose weight. If you don't, take another thing out. Repeat until weight loss is achieved.

Yes, you are making this FAR too complicated.