PDA

View Full Version : Daily Eating Plan

JAE16
05-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Does anyone happen to have an article or link of what a good diet for a day would be, in terms of something that lists the hour eaten and the food that was eaten... ie...

6:30 Oatmeal
7:00 Egg Whites...

etc etc

I am looking specifically for a mass gaining example! Thanks guys

BFGUITAR
05-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Peanut butter, milk... LOTS of it.

JAE16
05-12-2007, 07:11 PM
i meant more along the lines of a diet that someone is currently eating...

Stackattack
05-13-2007, 06:18 AM
Ok heres pretty much what i've been eating everyday for the last 3 months

-50g oatmeal
-3eggs, 3 whites
-apple
-1 scoop whey

-200g chicken breast
-25g nuts

-200g chicken breast
- 25 grams nuts

-1 scoop whey
-banana

-1 scoop whey
-50g oatmeal

-200g chicken breast
-300g brocolli

-250g cottage cheese
-25g nuts

Totals:2600 cals, 305p, 165c, 80f

carbs have been a little higher lately as im trying to transition from slowly, slowly cutting to slowly bulking but thats pretty much it.

I'd like to add that you should eat should according to your goals. And theres no need to be as anal about your diet as i am.

mister manager
05-13-2007, 06:37 AM
stack attack
im not an expert and i didnt check it out but that diet looks like you might be lacking in nutrients
your macros are on point but i duno something about it just doesnt look like your getting enough of other things you need

Stackattack
05-13-2007, 07:00 AM
You may be right. My diet isnt exactly like that every day but its close. i usually consume far larger quantities of vegetables than i posted, and a few times a week i'll swap out chicken for salmon or steak. I also suppliment with fish oil.
I feel fine for the most part eating like this.

JAE16 asked for an example of someones eating plan. given no one else had responded in the way he wanted i thought i'd go ahead. I'm not saying the way i eat is nessisarily a good way, and i'm not saying theres any reason to eat 'clean' all the time, but it appears to have been working for me.

mister manager
05-13-2007, 07:28 AM
yeah i wasnt trying to hate on your diet or anything it was just something i noticed when i was looking at it and thought id bring it to your attention if you didnt know it already.

JAE16
05-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Thanks stackstack that helps a lot....

just curious though.... how are you preparing that oatmeal in the morning?

Stackattack
05-13-2007, 08:34 AM
yeah i wasnt trying to hate on your diet or anything it was just something i noticed when i was looking at it and thought id bring it to your attention if you didnt know it already.
Sorry i didnt mean to sound so defensive. I appreciate your input.

I cook my oatmeal in the microwave (in water)

JAE16
05-13-2007, 08:35 AM
i just tried it for the first time.... should it take completely bland?

Stackattack
05-13-2007, 08:37 AM
haha. no. theres no reason what so ever to eat it bland. i eat mine with splenda and nutmeg. Before i say put what ever you like on it....
What are your goals

Stackattack
05-13-2007, 08:39 AM
oh right. mass gaining....... a goal for which the diet i posted above has not been particularly productive (meaning counterproductive), for me anyway.

JAE16
05-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Any ideas why that diet has been counterproductive for you?? I will post my diet on this post later tonight

Nosaj
05-13-2007, 03:51 PM
If you're not gaining mass, you're not eating enough. Eat more.

Deej72
05-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Is there anyone here that would know of a really harsh weightloss plan?i have stacked on the bodyfat since i became a father at 19,im now 34 and with many women and bad habits under my belt none of which i am proud i have gone from 220lbs competing bodybuilder to 325lbs of sorry ass state and need to lose some before i can get back to the gym,i still have reasonably good arms,legs and chest but the back and the gut is where its all at.any help would be great.

Nosaj
05-13-2007, 04:26 PM
need to lose some before i can get back to the gym

There is your first mistake. Get into the gym, today. Start lifting, start eating correctly, right now. There are tons of sample diets in this forum and in the journal section, search around for one that sounds like it will work for you.

Stackattack
05-14-2007, 04:13 AM
Any ideas why that diet has been counterproductive for you?? I will post my diet on this post later tonight

Simply because the overall calories arn't high enough, and intentionaly so.
With minor adjustments such as milk with the shakes and bread with the chicken breast (chicken sandwitches) for example. i could easily shift into a caloric surplus and begin gaining weight.

JAE16
05-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Ok well here goes my diet... roughly... it varies every day...

Meal 1:
1 Cup Oatmeal 1/2 Cup Milk
Peanut Butter Sandwich w/ 1/2 bannana
Protein Shake w/ milk

Meal 2:
Chicken 1-2 Breast
Protein Shake w/ milk
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1/4 Cup Milk

Meal 3:
Turkey Sandwich
PB Sandwich (all PB is natural by the way)
Cereal

Meal 4:
Either steak or chicken 8-10 ozs
Tortilla Chips & Salsa (all organic)
Pineapple slices or Bannana

Meal 5:
PB Sandwich
Protein Shake w/ Milk
1 Cup Oatmeal w/1/2 Cup Milk

I also supplement w/ a daily multivitamin

I was hoping you guys could add any suggestions of what I could also be eating?

Also what are the best cuts of steak I should be buying?

mritche
05-14-2007, 03:18 PM

Meal 1:
Protein Shake w/ milk

Meal 2:
Chicken 1-2 Breast
Protein Shake w/ milk
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1/4 Cup Milk

Meal 3:
Turkey Sandwich
Cereal

Meal 4:

Meal 5:
PB Sandwich
Protein Shake w/ Milk

A few comments:

1) You're not eating any vegetables - you should be having 10 servings a day (a serving is half a cup, or 1 cup of leafy green vegetables) and probably more if you're highly active. Spinach, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, asparagus, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, it's all good.

2) There isn't enough variety in your fruit intake. Bananas and pineapples aren't bad or anything, but if you're going to eat fruit 3 times a day and eat the same thing every day you might want to get more variety in. Berries, apples, oranges, anything colourful is good.

3) You're getting an awful lot of protein from shakes. Try to get more from actual food - it tastes better and the food has actual nutrition (rather than being pure protein). If you insist on drinking a lot of protein shakes, use whey (preferably hydrolyzed) in your post-workout shake and something that digests more slowly (caesin, egg, soy if it doesn't scare you) otherwise. Good sources of whole food protein include eggs, lean beef, chicken, turkey, and all kinds of fish. Salmon is especially good - lots of protein, and lots of good fat. Canned salmon is cheap and low in heavy metals, too.

4) What kind of cereal are you having? Most dry cereals are junk. Only a few (e.g. Kashi Go Lean, Fiber One) aren't.

5) Ditch the tortilla chips, they're more likely than not a source of poor quality carbs and fat. Organic doesn't really mean "healthy" or "good for body comp."

6) You need more variety in your carb sources. Bread and oatmeal does not a nutritious diet make. More fruits, way more vegetables, less starch like chips/cereal/bread. Depending on how much carb tolerance you have, you might get better results with the bulk of your starchy carbs post-workout (possibly breakfast as well).

7) Aside from the tortilla chips you're not really getting fat from any unhealthy sources, but a ton of natural peanut butter and the occasional steak shouldn't isn't adequate. Aim for a 1/3 saturated, 2/3 unsaturated (1/3 monounsaturated, 1/3 polyunsaturated but don't get too bent out of shape about this) split. Good sources of monounsaturated fats: olive oil, avacado, most nuts, lean beef. Good sources of polyunsaturated fats: flax seeds, fatty fish or fish oil, walnuts. Good sources of saturated fats: lean beef, cheese, plain full-fat yogurt, coconut.

7b) You're getting too many omega-6 polyunsaturates and no omega-3s. Supplementing with fish oil will help, but more of a variety in fat sources would go a long way toward helping this.

IMO, if you're going to eat the same thing every day getting enough variety between each meal is key. Pick a couple of different protein sources, a couple of different quality fat sources, some good fruit and starch, and tons of veggies.

As for steak, choose leaner cuts like eye of round (or pretty much anything with 'round' in the name) or top sirloin.

Good luck!

JAE16
05-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow thats a lot of help there...

I am on my way to workout now... but I will reply to a few things you said... I really appreciate all that!

Invain
05-15-2007, 10:17 AM
10 servings of vegetables a day........

Even though I don't recommend it, I'm lucky if even get 1 or 2 servings a day.

I really wouldn't say 10 is completely necessary however.

mritche
05-15-2007, 11:58 AM
10 servings of vegetables a day........

Even though I don't recommend it, I'm lucky if even get 1 or 2 servings a day.

I really wouldn't say 10 is completely necessary however.

10 servings really isn't as much as it sounds when you consider that a serving is half a cup (or 1 cup of leafy greens). It probably works out to something pitiful like a few hundred calories anyway. Personally, I love my veggies and go through 3-4 pounds a day.

You'll also hear pretty much every nutritional authority (even lowest-common-denomenator type institutions like Canada's Food Guide) worth anything give a similar recommendation. Canada's Food Guide actually recommends 8-10 for an adult male and that's for your average sedentary adult male - someone who works out regularly is gonna need more.

There's also the whole thing about nutrient depletion in certain vegetable crops - you need to eat more of them for the same (micro)nutrition than you did 50 years ago. It sounds like greenpeace organic-food-peddling hooey, but there are actually studies to back it up.

Mr. D
05-15-2007, 12:08 PM
10 servings really isn't as much as it sounds when you consider that a serving is half a cup (or 1 cup of leafy greens). It probably works out to something pitiful like a few hundred calories anyway. Personally, I love my veggies and go through 3-4 pounds a day.

You'll also hear pretty much every nutritional authority (even lowest-common-denomenator type institutions like Canada's Food Guide) worth anything give a similar recommendation. Canada's Food Guide actually recommends 8-10 for an adult male and that's for your average sedentary adult male - someone who works out regularly is gonna need more.

There's also the whole thing about nutrient depletion in certain vegetable crops - you need to eat more of them for the same (micro)nutrition than you did 50 years ago. It sounds like greenpeace organic-food-peddling hooey, but there are actually studies to back it up.

Im with this guy. Bulking or cutting, I always eat A LOT of veggies. Even when I carb load on low carb diets, I want to eat veggies on my carb up days.

Unreal
05-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Here is a sample daily diet of what I eat

6:30
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop nitrean
4-5g fish oil

11:00
6-7oz grilled chicken breast (left over from dinner)
1oz cheese (feta or pepper jack)
tomato
3-5 cups of mixed greens
2 tbps low cal dressing (oil/vinegar based)
3-4g fish oil

3:00
1/2 cup oats+nitrean
or 1 serving opticen

5:30-6
1-2 scoop nitrean or 2 scoops opticen

7:30ish
10-12oz chicken breast
2-3 cups raw brocolli
2-4 tbps hummus (dip brocolli in)
2-3 fish oil

9:00
2 tbsp natty PB
or 1 cup cottage cheese

Lots of fiber, lots of veggies, lots of protein, moderate carbs in morning and pre/post workout, and decent ammount of fat. Sometimes I mix olive oil in with the hummus to up my fat intake if needed.

lankyguy
05-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Even I need help in these matters. I and my friend want to follow a good regime so that we can decrease our weight in a month time. I donít know if this is possible. It seems that youíd like to view our pictures before suggesting us anything. I have tried to post our pictures but I have not been able to. Iím thinking of using image hosting (http://www.uploadit.org)facility. Have you ever used it? My friend told me it is very beneficial.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-16-2007, 01:03 AM
Stop underlining all of your text.

time2grown06
05-16-2007, 03:20 PM

Meal 1:
Protein Shake w/ milk

Meal 2:
Chicken 1-2 Breast
Protein Shake w/ milk
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1/4 Cup Milk

Meal 3:
Turkey Sandwich
Cereal

Meal 4:

Meal 5:
PB Sandwich
Protein Shake w/ Milk

New York strip is a tasty cut. It has some fat on the edges but you can cut it off with a knife...Especially good on an outside grill and marinated in soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, red vinegar, minced onion, olive oil, etc...