PDA

View Full Version : Tuna revisited

canadianbuilder
05-13-2007, 04:27 PM
I have searched and searched and most of the debate comes back saying that tuna isn't bad for you; the mercury levels are neglible to effect the body. This is because it comes from young tuna so they don't have enough time to build up high levels of the mercury in their bodies.
I eat tuna daily, sometimes 2-3 times a day. Am I still in fact following true information about not worrying about the tuna mercury levels...

My point is, are the levels actually something to worry about? Or should I decrease my consumption?

Thanks

Howard 9
05-13-2007, 04:48 PM
I never eat more than one a day, thats what I read. Plus theres a lot of other fish with high protein.

Built
05-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Canadian, I addressed this question in the next issue of Get Built. It should go live here within the next few days.

Nosaj
05-13-2007, 06:06 PM
If you eat more than one can of tuna a day, you'll turn into the Silver Surfer. True story.

Sensei
05-13-2007, 06:10 PM
I have searched and searched and most of the debate comes back saying that tuna isn't bad for you; the mercury levels are neglible to effect the body. This is because it comes from young tuna so they don't have enough time to build up high levels of the mercury in their bodies.
I saw a news story about the decline in numbers of large, mature tuna throughout the world, from overfishing. Apparently, it's pretty rare to see 600+lb tuna at all anymore, whereas a decade ago, they were common.

PansyLad
05-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Canadian, I addressed this question in the next issue of Get Built. It should go live here within the next few days.

I'd love to read it. Can't wait!

canadianbuilder
05-13-2007, 10:23 PM

Thanks, I guess I will wait to read it! :thumbup: